PDA

View Full Version : change of medication

bluebirds2005
20-02-04, 01:25
well after 3 days on venlafaxine the side effects were so bad that the doc took me of them and i got to start taking citalopram tomorrow has anyone taking this before and if so what was it like

g e j Atkinson

twister
22-02-04, 01:44
I am taking cipralex which is very similar. i'd say start on a low dose and take the tablets in the morning and not at night (as I couldnt sleep and had bad panics)

Panic attacks are usually worse for the first week so I took Valium - now I feel loads better though

Good Luck

Emily

stimpy
22-02-04, 14:08
Venlafaxine didn't like me either.

Citalopram is rather simlar to sertraline in the way that it works.
Some doctors recommend that you take valium with it, until you know how it affects you.
Good luck with it, I hope it works for you.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

blossom
22-02-04, 21:02
from Blossom I read you e mail on the net Nicola, from Pauline, but I am unable to find one from PAULINE, however I have read about the ciralex, and I agree, they certainly make the panics worse for the first couple of weeks. I have to see the doctor on Wed. 25th Feb. I a, addicted to valium as you know dear, so they do not seem to be hekping the panics, they just seem to shoot through me out of the blue. I hope the cipralex will help me. I started as directed on 10mgs, but found myself to be quite off, so have cut them down to 5 mgs for 5 days, have another 2 days to go to make the week, then I suppose I have to go up to 10mgs, can anyone on them tell me how they are and if helpful, sorry but I do worry and am a negative thinker, sorry. I appreciate your help. love blossom..Just thought I ought to add I was on Cipramil, for 5 months, and he just stopped them abruptly, and told me to take the Cipralex or as the doc calls them Escitalopram. Thankyou

pauline
22-02-04, 21:31
Hi Blossom

Is that me that your are talking about. What email is that or is that a different Pauline?

Take care
Pauline