PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Moles!

Ruby94
21-05-10, 23:40
Since this year, my moles have been itching (mostly all of them)

The moles on my back, and arms. And a couple of little ones on my face. I have a tiny black mole on my stomache which has formed there from a couple of years ago. Sometimes they dont itch.

But they randomly start itching at random times.

Im really worried about this, and im scared to go to my GP.

nomorepanic
21-05-10, 23:47
Well you need to see gp and get referred to get them checked out.

We cannot diagnose them on here.

mothermac
22-05-10, 01:59
I would go and see the gp to put your mind at rest really,I recently had a black mark under my toenail that could have been something that needed treatment,luckily it was only a collection of rogue cells that had gone haywire but I was really scared beforehand but I needed to go as the doubt would have probably sent me daft anyway.In the back of your mind you know already that you have an alarm bell ringing about itchy moles as everybody knows that any change in them needs to be investigated,answer your internal voice and put your mind at ease,I am sure everything will be fine.

Peter_Scott
22-05-10, 13:07
Hi OP,

It is right to get these looked at by a doctor, no one can put your mind at rest as only a doctor can decide if action is needed.

Two things I would like to add that may help, one is if they do need removing for testing it is now a simple procedure, about 20 mins in most doctors offices and a lot of the time that is that, no other treatment is needed, I have had a friend just had that done and it was painless.

When I was a teenager I had exactly the same, itching moles and they grew, but I did see my doctor and he said all was well he must have been right as many years down the line I am still here lol. I can to this day make my moles itch just by thinking of them, so the brain can do things!

I suspect all will be fine, but see your doctor anyway just in case,

Peter

kittykat
22-05-10, 13:57
Hi ,

Just to put your mind at rest i had a mole that changed it was itchy, had a bit of an irregular outline and had bled a few times......had it removed not that sore at all and was convinced it was really bad and couldn't quite believe it when it came back 100% okay, but you must get these things checked sooner rather than later because if it was anything it is so easily treated, but by the sounds of things it doesn's sound like anything sinister, oh and the doc at the clinic also said that ageing and hormones can affect moles also throughout our life xx