PDA

View Full Version : worried mums got ovarian cancer

pink
22-05-10, 12:14
Hi everyone,
really need some help. My mum is 56 and real poorly, shes got bad bone problems which shes in constant pain with and kidney problems. For the past 14 years her stomach has been swelled up, I used to worry all the time about ovarian cancer but tests showed it was infact due to the stomach muscles.
Since Christmas shes told me a week ago her stomach has swelled up a bit more, also for the past few months shes noticed her legs have swelled up too. She is also suffering from heartburn everyday too. Shes been to Docs who's examined her and said its due to the same reason as before, her legs bing swelled up is due to bad varicose veins and the indigestion is due to acid reflux. I made the mistake of googling her symptoms and read how one woman with the same symptoms has got ovarian cancer!!
Don't know what to do with myself now, my mum looses her temper when i try to talk to her over it, but so scared i feel sick , petrified anythings going to happen to my mum as she's all the family i've got.
I'm so sorry for long message, should i trust her and her doctor who are saying don't worry?? Please please help
pink x

bronte
22-05-10, 15:50
hi pink if your mum has had the same symptoms for along time then it wont be anything serious dont google symptoms as it always comes up as something serious honestly take notice of your mum and doctor if the doctor doesnt think it anything it isnt so dont worry x