PDA

View Full Version : Sun out, stuck in!

DEREKG
22-05-10, 16:33
I'm having serious trouble getting out at the moment and the fact the weather's so beautiful today is really getting me down. Summer is, like most people, my favourite time of year and I love to get out in the sun. I live in a flat and there is a garden but I'd be worried about feeling panicky and having to talk to my neighbours. Gonna try going to my mum's tomorrow as she has a nice garden and I can hopefully be outside and relaxed :blush:. Sorry, just felt like another rant lol :).

Bluebelle
22-05-10, 23:06
I know what you're saying about wanting to aoid having to talk with neighbours. I can't del with making chit chat -small talk stresses me out !

Lately I've been wearing earbuds-earphones as though I am listening to my IPOD (I don't even own an IPOD) so whenever people try and talk to me I just smile and point to my ears ! I know this is deceitful but it saves me from having to make small talk as everyone just smiles back at me and keeps on walking !

DEREKG
23-05-10, 21:36
It's not that i don't want to talk to them, I just don't want to have a panic attack in front of them. Find it very hard to concentrate on anything when feeling panicky. On the plus side I did spend to today in my mum's garden and felt so relaxed. It's the longest I've been out for 7 weeks and I feel kinda liberated for it. Still, one thing at a time, I guess! :)

xBettyBoopx
25-05-10, 02:59
Well done Derek for spending the day in the sun at your mums. It makes ya feel good when ya do something that's not the 'norm'!

I live in a flat and we have communial gardens, I feel I can't talk to the neighbours because we are so different (they have lives and I don't !!!) It's like I live in a different world:blush::blush: I don't fear having a panic attack when I'm talking to them, fact is I don't talk to them much anyway lol:unsure::shrug:

Sorry, back to you, congrats again and keep it going, only way out of panic is through it!!!

Els
xx

DEREKG
25-05-10, 05:23
Thanks for the support Elspeth but don't put yourself down. You DO have a life. It may be unconventional but screw convention. There may be social templates but you don't need to follow them! I wish you all the best and big hugs! :hugs:x