PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol 10mg

Mr.Inconsistent
22-05-10, 19:02
hi all :) first id like to say that i'm very happy i found this forum...i have had a read through some of the posts and most of them related to me...so thats a good start...anyway.....one night just over a month ago i had a panic attack from nowhere...numbness in my fingers tunnel vision fast heartbeat so i went to the doctors and he prescribed me with some propranolol 40mg and told me to take one or two whenever needed so i did but as having difficulty breathing so i went back and told this could be a reaction to them so i was put on 10mg propranolol instead and to my relief im no longer having breathing diffculties but anyway...about 40 minutes ago from now (5:57pm) my heart started racing for no apparent reason so i took 2x10mg propranolol but as soon as i had swallowed my heart seemed to stop beating so hard and fast so i was wondering if there could be any adverse effects from taking these tablets when you heart isnt racing as im a little concerned now that i have taken 20mg without needing too....? thanks in advance Mr.Inconsistent :)

Kerry B
22-05-10, 19:13
Hiya
I am just come of Propranolol 40mg because I was dizzy all the time and even though my last tablets was wednesday when I took 20mg they are still in my system, as everytime I look up high my head spins the same when I hold my head down I wish I had never started taking them, but i didnt have any symptoms your experiencing.

Going home
22-05-10, 21:28
You took them when your heart was racing and they slowed it down so they won't do any harm to your heart, as they've obviously helped it. I take 80mg daily and have done for a few years and they do help my heart, but I sometimes experience problems of breathlessness, never at rest though, only when I'm out walking sometimes. It always seems to be whithin the first half hour, then after this my breathing seems to settle down again. I can only assume that because the propranalol slows my heart down it takes time to catch up when I start walking. Like Kerry, I also wish i'd never started taking them on a regular basis, I wish the doctor had suggested taking them 'as and when' because i'm always nervous about what will happen to my heart if I try to cut down or stop.

Anna xx

Mr.Inconsistent
23-05-10, 13:57
thanks for the replies you two :) it helps me just by talking about these things :yesyes:

Going home
23-05-10, 18:22
And having said what i said in my earlier post...ive just had an hour swimming and felt fine, no breathing problems at all which i did expect at first, so that's been good news. Hopefully if i can build up my fitness level maybe the side effects of the meds will subside.

Anna xx