PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else on Citalopram??

Sarah Louise
22-05-10, 21:59
Evening Folks,

I have been put on Citalopram 20mg a day i only started them on Wed and wondered if its possible that i already feel sick on them??

This is really random as well but i have been yawning alot and when i yawn i feel like i am going to be sick?

Has anyone else has this?

Thanks Sarah

claire930
22-05-10, 22:19
Hi Sarah, im new to citalopram and i felt sick for about 10 days, and i was so tired i couldn't keep awake but its all worn off now, im into my third week of taking them and i feel alot better
Take care xx

Sarah Louise
22-05-10, 22:22
Thanks Claire, i was worrying something else was wrong as you do and my doctor told me to throw the symptoms leaflet away so i did and now i dont no the side effects a bit silly really.

andrea thompson
22-05-10, 22:29
hi hon -

i have been on citalopram for about six months and when i first started taking them i did yawn loads and i was absolutely tired out for most of the day and by tea time i could hardly keep my eyes open. these symptoms were defo better than the anxiety though and they did pass gradually within a couple of weeks.

i am feeling so much better than i did and its thanks in the main to the meds.. good luck and take care.... x x

MrsJaredLeto
22-05-10, 22:39
Hiya
I'm on day 16 of citalopram 20mg and I did have side effects including yawning for a few days but they had all gone in less than a week.
I'm already feeling better and I'm getting times during the day without HA which is a huge thing for me!
Stick with it, side effects will subside very soon and you will feel the benefit
take care xx

Sarah Louise
22-05-10, 22:43
Thank you for your replys x x

pd
22-05-10, 22:55
I felt sick for my first couple of weeks, pretty much as soon as the first tablet kicked in, but eventually had to stop taking them because they completely killed my appetite. I could go days without food or feeling hungry. Not good. :P

city2010
22-05-10, 23:51
i have been taking them for about 2 week now and i was feeling sick and going to toilet alot these are starting to where off now.

nomorepanic
23-05-10, 00:22
We have a whole forum dedicated to this

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Cat80
23-05-10, 13:33
I felt sick from day one on 20mg of Citalopram. I was unlucky though and my symptoms never went away and the anxiety didn't get any better for the 10 weeks I was on it so I came off them. I know they work wonders for a lot of people though. Just make sure you take them in the evening as you don't notice the side effects so much and always take them with food so you don't feel as sick.