PDA

View Full Version : I feel funny

jessicalittler79
23-05-10, 04:57
hi everyone i have a question .ive been haven realy bad unreal feeling and its has sceard me so bad that i feel like iam losen my mind ...please help
i am haven thought as the world isnt real and life isnt real ...could this be anx or pa or am i realy losen it ...it comes and goes and lasting only about 20 mins at a time ...thanks so much

Lizziesaurus
23-05-10, 20:47
I've no idea if there's a medical cause for this but I've had similar feelings in the past, so you're not alone! It made it worse the more I thought about it. If it carrys on see your doc, might help have someone professional tell you if it is anything and if not tell you the best way to stop worrying.

Zee
23-05-10, 20:52
Yes ive experienced that occassionally but its usually when my anx is really high.

fairyclairy
23-05-10, 21:48
Hi,
Yes i get this all the time.... had it very bad during the night lastnight whilst i was having a panic attack... i felt like i wasnt here, felt like my mum wasnt real, my room wasnt real, i felt like i was loosin my mind and thought i was going mad! But i can assure u... you're not! Its pure anxiety.. i get these feelings during attacks, but also randomly throughout the day if im alittle anxious, like my hand or arm can sometimes feel like they're not mine... wondering how im moving them when they arnt real!
Its a very scary and strange feeling and the hardest to explain to someone with anxiety.. but try and calm down about it because it wont hurt u.
I think the technical term for it is derealization.. theres alot on here about it, so maybe reading about it will help to put your mind at rest xx

fairyclairy
23-05-10, 21:49
* was meant to say, hardest symptom to explain to someone withOUT anxiety x

Roadtorecovery
23-05-10, 22:00
Don't worry, people who lose there mind don't realise they are, you are quite aware u don't feel right , although it's not a nice feelin, a bit like being in a dream? Is it called derealization? Or an extnded version of dejavu bit I've not been there before ? V

DoogieJ
24-05-10, 13:16
It is also known as depersonalisation. I had this a few times when my anxiety was really bad, it was one of the 1st factors that sent me to the doctor. Along with missed heartbeats it was very weird. Like I was watching my life in 3rd person.

katyw66
24-05-10, 16:53
I used to get this feeling as a teenager and it was really frightening.I'd asked a few poeple if they"d felt it but they didnt know what I was talking about.Neither did I know I needed professional help.It took till I was 60 that a long needed psychologist told me it was depersonalization.Of course things got worse as the years went by.I wish I had had good advice early when I needed it. Good luck to you and look after your needs,maybe noone else will.

loveletter
27-05-10, 12:38
I have had this on and off for 20 years and I think it is very frightening it took me so long to dare to tell anyone.
I thought if I told someone I would be classed as mad and have to go to hospital.

I braved it in the end and told a cb therapist and am really glad I did as he said no you are not going mad and people that go mad do not know they are so if you think you are going mad then you are not.
He told me how common this is and loads of people have it as it is when the anxiety can not go any higher that this happens.

I still get it sometimes and it is horrible but I am not as frightened of it as I once was.