PDA

View Full Version : Mouth Problems, Why can't I stop worrying ?? Please reaasurance neededxx

LittleMissPanicky
23-05-10, 09:03
Ok here goes !
Last Friday morning(just over a week ago) I noticed something in my mouth like a little hard lump, I think it was red with a bit of white in the middle, i say that because my mind is now thinking perhaps it didn't look like that !! I wasn;t too worried at first as it wasn't painful, but i did keep poking and scratching at it, so by the next day itlooked like an oval white patch, like an ulcer, but agin no pain. Over the next few days i got more and more stressed by it. I went to the doctor and he said it's an ulcer if it dosn't heal in 2 weeks come back. Over the course of the week i just kept checking it and could see no difference, so 2 days running I went to 2 different dentits who both said don't worry, and for an hour I was ok .
Anyway i'm still checking this bloody thing throughout the day and have convinced myself it is gettin no better, even though it is smaller, I guess I just want to wake up and it be gone.
I keep thinking of going back to the doctor and ask for more tests, but I know i'm being ridiculous. By evening time I feel so calm and my thoughts are nearly rational, but then i wake up and it all starts over again.
I am taking 150mg sertraline at night, but not sure if this is working.
Sorry for the ramble , but my my husband although sympathetic is getting fed up of me being like this. xxxxxxxxxx:weep:

Rachel W
24-05-10, 00:51
Poking it will be the reason why it isn't healing. As above, the doctor and dentists would know if it looked suspicious. Please try not to worry; perhaps put some Bonjela on it which will numb it and also help treat it. Try not to bite near it and it should heal.
Please take care.

Rachel