PDA

View Full Version : Preventing migraines

kittykat
23-05-10, 10:32
Hi all,

I took a horrible visual migraine last night and then had a horrible headache after it that basically lasted the rest of the evening from 7.30 onwards, now these still scare me after suffering about 3yrs from them.
I just have a couple of questions hopefully someone can answer, if it was a brain tumour would i have been suffering a lot more after 3yrs as all my doctor has done is the basic neuro tests in the surgery and also does anyone have any thoughts on or if they can be prevented , i took a naramig tablet last night for it but to be honest it really didnt do much and i defo dont google these days however much im tempted still, so any advice on meds or any other thoughts would be really helpful , thanks guys xx

Peter_Scott
23-05-10, 11:55
Hi Kittykat,

All I can say is I hear where you are coming from, having had the dreaded M for many years and more recently daily.

There is no clear cut answer, even with an MRI test etc. I would treat it as a migraine and look for ways to try to reduce them, and only worry about something else if you have new symptoms, let your GP do the worrying they are paid for it.

I am looking at treatments used in Europe not in the UK they seem far more effective, and do not have the side effects of some migraine treatments over here. Good luck,Peter

leony
23-05-10, 12:03
I find i have horrible blinding headaches since hitting meno that funny age had 1 4 the last 2 days think its the heat, 2 flaming hot have had a fan on 4 the last 2 days can't even sleep properly.

kittykat
23-05-10, 12:16
Good to know im not the only one suffering, i think the brightness can bring mine on as well does anyone find this as well x hope u feel better soon leony x