PDA

View Full Version : feelings of unreality

jothenurse
23-05-10, 16:22
I know there have been other people that have written about feelings of unreality, but I find them very scary and am wondering, what makes these better? They are really bothering me. Can anybody give me any suggestions?

CaptainAtom
24-05-10, 04:43
I have had these feelings on and off for 15 months. The first time they went away was after a very long period of time ( 9 months) . I accomplished it by not really thinking about , having a more positive outlook on life ( to combat against my feelings of depression) . It is extremely hard to break this cycle , because these feelings trigger even more anxiety , by thinking that there is something wrong with you. For me they are caused my major panic attacks, ( panic attacks for me are triggered by thinking about death , and illness and other sad things). In the past 3 months i have been studying quite a bit , and started a new job with animals which i love , my feelings of unreality had completely vanished gradually. But 1 week ago , i had a panic attack and once again i am cursed with these feeling . But now i know it is nothing more than anxiety , which should help ,me overcome it much faster.

jothenurse
24-05-10, 13:51
Thank you for your reply.

cymraig_chris
24-05-10, 15:05
Post removed by author

jothenurse
24-05-10, 15:07
Thank you so much for your response.