PDA

View Full Version : feel like im going mad we panic attacks

annmarie
23-05-10, 20:37
hi im 23 and ive been getting panic attacks for 5months now they come on really bad and can last for hours i feel that im going mad we then tried medication but makes me feel out of it so not on anythink.the thing thats scary is that the whole room starts spinning like im gonna pass out me eyes all blared and i feel like im not here i cant concentrate its starting to ruin my life and i just want all this to stop

nomorepanic
23-05-10, 20:39
Hi annmarie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

andrew
23-05-10, 21:29
Hi Annmarie,

Welcome to the site.

I never took any medication and recovered ok from anxiety, it can be done. Are you doing any kind of talking therapy? Have a good read on the forum, its most likely you will read other people are feeling exactly the same as you. Anxiety issues often make us feel we are going mad, its just anxiety.

take care .. andrew

annmarie
23-05-10, 23:05
hi andrew yes im speaking to right steps doctor referred me to them only had 2 sessions so fingers crossed will help

andrew
24-05-10, 11:25
Hi Annmarie,

Yes hopefully the counselling will help .. take care