PDA

View Full Version : What could this be???????????????

crazyhayz
23-05-10, 21:04
Just need some reassurance really...

All day today ive had a pretty much constant ache right in the centre of my chest, and a bit below it, (like where my ribs finish). Its got worse throughout the day to the point where every 5 or so minutes i get a really bad pain right in the centre... not sharp, more like a painful pressure feeling, i had tightness/squeezing feelings there too.... ive had like 8 ECG's and a continual ECG, but my last ECG was many weeks ago (all normal just to clarify), and ive NEVER had central pain that feels like that...its not there at the moment but i know it will come again soon, ive noticed it hurts more if i bend down...would this mean it is a muscular pain?? Or something like costochondritis? (ive had costo before, but on left side).

Just getting worried as i keep getting dizzy with it too. Keep thinking i might just faint :( its back now and its hurtin but then it will go and come back, its horrible. its like a painful 'pulsating' sort of 'wave-like' pain... what could this be??? Can u feel ur heart if u press down in the centre of ur chest?? Coz if i press down quite firmly it hurts a bit, its quite sore......

Help!! Thanks guys x

gladyscourt
23-05-10, 22:22
Sounds muscular, undernearth ur ribs is the diaphragm. Mine gets really sore when ive had a panic attack. But im not sure about the pulsating wave, again could be muscular. If your worried go to your GP just for reasurance if not anything else xx

stacy1912
16-06-10, 10:44
I get this. Right below my breast bone a sharp twangy pain and so sore. Also my lower ribs are so sensitive it feels overstretched and uncomfortable. It will last a week and then go. I think it is muscular as it gets better then a few weeks later happens again. Twisting and lifting really stretch this area.

Take care xx

janni
16-06-10, 16:44
Hi hun, I think I am Costochondritis but its not been treated. I have had chest pain that has moved around and been different in character for 7 months, I have fibromyalgia and the chest pain changes from stabbing to squeezing cant predict it nor the area where ill get it. I think if you have Costo then it is probably related and you might be having a flare up. Especially when you say it is sore when you press down. It's hard to separate between nerve pain/muscular. But I don't think it is your heart. You've had the all clear there, b ut I know how upsetting chest pain is. Know you are not alone, and try taking some painkillers and maybe apply heat to where it hurts xxx