PDA

View Full Version : floaters and tired feeling eyes

Rachel W
24-05-10, 01:02
Hi,

I messaged a while ago about floaters that I was now noticing (they came on after worrying about such things, but it wasn't a case of seeing them because I was looking for them, as I was taking notice for a few weeks before they appeared). They are the large cobweb shaped ones that can be quite annoying and are in both eyes.

My question is, my eyes have felt tired after I have been spending time on the computer. My question is if the floaters were being caused by an infection, would I know by now (it has been at least 7 or 8 weeks), and also can anxiety and eye strain cause floaters? I have also been seeing pulse in my eyes (visual pulsing at the sides of my vision) after exertion.

Could this all be caused by stress and computer use rather than something like an infection?

Thanks

Rachel

PokerFace
24-05-10, 01:14
I've read anxiety can cause you to have floaters and play havoc with your eyes and yes time on the computer could be a factor too. Pretty sure if you had an eye infection you would be in quite a lot of pain and your eye sight would be getting worse I've never had an eye infection so I'm not too sure (unless conjunctiveitus counts)

OMG!! I been able to see my pulse in my eyes past few days too REALLY freaking me out. I don't know what exertion means though so I don't know if I get it for same reasons as you. Usually get it when I run up the stairs and then sit and I can see my pulse in my eyes. xx

Rachel W
24-05-10, 10:50
Thanks. By exertion I meant when active such as running up the stairs too!

Conjuntiveitus is an eye infection, but I am more concerned about an inner infection such as yeast or something worse like retinitus.

Thanks again.

biscuitlover
24-05-10, 18:01
I have loads of floaters and i notice them more when looking at a computer screen, its cos is bright and they show up more. Try turning down the brightness for starters. When the suns out i also have to wear sun glasses as its the only way to lessen them.

If you had an infection of the eye, you would have puss, a temperature, and be in pain.

When i exercise i can hear my heart beat in my throat and head, its due to an increase in blood pressure, so i assume the same can apply for your eyes too.