PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Canada...

blondeangel
05-02-06, 17:21
I was just diagnosed a few days ago with having panic disorder. For the past 5 years I have gotten panic and anxiety attacks. It all started 5 years ago and I went to my family doctor and she told me I was having panic and anxiety attacks and I was also experiencing deep depression. I went on paxil, and risperidol for flashbacks from an extremely abusive relationship in the past (which I am sure I have post traumatic syndrome from too). Then I went on Effexor then I felt I was getting better so I went on Clonazapam for when I needed it. For 3 years I hardly got the attacks...well when I did they did not last long and were not frequent. REcently they began again. I had never been actually diagnosed with PD, but at least now I know for sure. I also have ADHD, since I was a child, so I am already a very fidgety person and having PD is not a great combination to have. I am sure I have obssessieve compulsive disorder too, but it is very mild. But I have not been diagnosed with this. So that part of me.
The part of me that is ME is: I graduated from early childhood education, in college and am now taking a college program to be a child and youth counsellor. I live in Canada, am 28 and have two lovely cats named Romeo and Juliet. I grew up on a farm, live in a small city right now and just recently completed my first novel, and have sent of my manuscript to 7 publishers. It is my dream to be a writer.
I came on this site to talk with others with PD and to gain information, as it has had a major effect on my life: school, my relationship, as well as other aspects of my life.
Thaks for listening.[:P]

Karen
05-02-06, 19:51
Hi blondeangel

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of help and support here.

You might like to start by reading the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) and Symptons (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms) articles.

Have you had any treatment other than medication so far?

Karen

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

chucklehound
05-02-06, 20:32
Hi and welcome to the forum!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

trac67
05-02-06, 21:15
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Piglet
06-02-06, 11:37
A big welcome to you :D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Sue K with 5
08-02-06, 02:09
Hi Welcome to NMP!

Good luck with your manuscript I hope once you have it published you will let us know what it is called !

Take care

sue with 5

scknight

tracyp584
08-02-06, 09:35
hey!

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.