PDA

View Full Version : Droopy eyelids, heavy eyes, tired or stoned looking

elma34
24-05-10, 02:31
Hello all, I've got an odd and very annoying symptom not sure if it's related to social anxiety, OCD or something else. No matter how well i rest, my eyes/eyelids get heavy and droopy at times especially when i'm out around people. I recently noticed this when i was looking at my face in public in a mirror. I look like kinda stoned or very tired because my eyelids look half closed. It seems like kinda droopy eyelids. Im guessing this is happening when i'm nervous, anxious or preoccupied with intrusive thoughts.

Whatever the cause is, its very annoying and depressive. Normally i'm a normal even good looking guy but when this happens i look ugly. Beside that, most sadly people think i'm drugged, alcoholic, anti-social or a bad person something. This offcourse effects social life badly in some way. Fortunately I'm not a very pessimistic guy, otherwise i'd be dead by now lol.

I'm a male, 27. I've been diagnosed SA and OCD. As you can guess I've got many other symptoms probably related to OCD or and SA such as neck tensions/stiffness, extreme self consciousness, body/chest tensions, excess swallowing at times, excessive spitting in recent years, forgetfulness, poor concentration etc. I've also got some other symptoms which i think unlikely linked to mental health problems like sinusitis, deviated septum, constantly chapped lips, sometimes click sound from one side of my jaw, bad breath etc. Only problems i've got with my eyes are having a mild lazy eye which doesnt bother much as it is mild, and dark under eye circles.

Has anyone had this issue? Do you have an idea what this is about? It would be nice to hear your ideas or experiences. Best wishes and good luck guys. :hugs:

elma34
26-05-10, 01:43
Is this not a common mental health symptom guys? Or maybe some people just havent noticed so far that they have this issue. Even though I noticed at times some people were treating or looking at me like i was a gang or drug user something, I didnt realize my droopy/stoned looking eyes was the reason until i noticed it on mirror in public.

Maybe my eyes get effected by anxiety more than usual because i've got a lazy eye or i go to bed late or i use computers a lot?

Ronny
26-05-10, 04:24
Hi Elmer...I can relate to all that you have written,with the lazy eye i get that when i am under stress and anxious,I have even been tested for Bell's Palsey,but it is only stress my Doc told me.I look stoned too and have dark circles under my eyes,but so does my sisters Drink more water that can help,and try not to worry(easier said than done).Take Care
Rhonda x:flowers:

RLR
28-05-10, 20:54
Okay, I've read your posting. I haven't the advantage of direct evaluation, but in the presence of all that you've described I would recommend that you discuss having the following tests performed by your primary care physician or a neurologist.

Tensilon Test
Acetylcholine Receptor Antibodies
Single Fiber EMG
CT of Thymus Gland
Pulmonary Function

While it is generally not the case, the description you've provided would be somewhat consistent with Myasthenia Gravis. Again, this is based merely upon your description, so it's important to simply discuss the collective nature of your symptoms with your doctor to determine whether the tests are warranted. MG is very often overlooked, so it's important to simply determine whether cursory tests should be performed.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)