PDA

View Full Version : Paxil and PD: Good or BAd?

blondeangel
05-02-06, 17:44
HI I am new here. I used to be on paxil for anxiety and depression. AFter 3 years I stopped takin Paxil because I heard some bad things about it. Also my attacks lessened and became less common. I went on Clonazapam. I just got officially diagonsed with PD after having my attacks coming back again...in a big big big way. I could barely sleep for 3 days and my bf was so worried about me. I had to go to school barely there...and I felt awful from lack of sleep and my chest felt so tight and constricted that I could to even wear a bra (it made me feel like I could not even breath) I went to the hospital and was referred to a psychiatrist. He told me after the consultation that I have PD, and told me I should go back on Paxil. I told him I didn't want to because I heard bad things about it and he told me that it wasn't true. He also told me that I should still take my clonazapam which I find really really really helps. I like it because they make me feel normal and I take them when I need them.
So...I am really not sure about the Paxil...I told him I wanted the lowest dosage possible. Also Paxil made me put on a few pounds (one of the side effects).
I was wondering if anyone else here is on Paxil, what they think of it and if anyone has heard anything bad or good about it, in relation to Panic attacks (not depression...I don't have that anymore)[?]

chop
07-02-06, 09:40
Firstly, dont be afraid of trying small doses as everyone is different.

Paxil made me VERY zoned out and made my symptoms worse BUT we are all different.

For example in general:

Prozac makes you get up and go
Lexapro is medium energy
Paxil is calming.

this is a fact with most people but they all vary.

If you are too hypo/panicky then maybe paxil is good.

If you cant sleep already then dont try prozac.

If you hate being zoned out then dont try a high dose of paxil.

These are true about these drugs but still everyone is different completely.

I hate paxil but many like it. Depends on what you expect out of it.

I like lexapro by far.

Paul

Learning to underreact