PDA

View Full Version : born of frustration

simplyravishing
24-05-10, 12:02
i want to get up and get on and do things, i know im capable i hold down a supervisors job (sometimes only just) and am not over weight or have any physical ailments except constant tiredness and a lack of energy or motivation 2 do or enjoy anything. its frustrating me 2 the point of madness i'm almost in what i can only describe as safe mode i do only wat i need to survive but get no enjoyment from this. this means my mind is full of thoughts all the time ranging for the normal to the bizzare and its doing me no favours. i have loads of friend (but choose to avoid them) and was a child model and excellent runner, i cant understand how i got in this hole or how to get out:wall:

Self Doubt
25-05-10, 11:13
Hello simplyravishing, do you have any idea why it is you can't get on and do things? What do you mean by safe mode?

simplyravishing
25-05-10, 11:35
i just lack the buzz that people get from things i dont look forward 2 anything or get enjoyment from things,i have this strange wave that will come over me where i think whats the point of this. so i end up doing nothing just to pass the time i sort of dread time rather than look forward 2 it

Self Doubt
25-05-10, 13:27
I've felt this way before, particularly before my depression was being treated. Do you suffer from depression? Perhaps it's something to discuss with a doctor.

Earthworm
25-05-10, 16:38
Hi, I have also felt like this for periods myself, I can so relate to your comment about "not getting enjoyment out of things". Most of my issues are usually with physical symptoms & panic / anxiety but depression is certainly a by-product & background with me. I am on meds for the anxiety which in turn help with the depression ... do you get any other physical symptoms?

PS: couldn't help but notice the 2 "James" references - I'm a huge fan ... you could always turn to their music for a lift! "Got to keep faith that your path will change, got to keep faith that your luck will change tomorrow"

simplyravishing
25-05-10, 20:18
yeah massive fan seen them in concert a few times goin back a few years,

simplyravishing
25-05-10, 20:22
i was told at 16ish i had depression but at the time i wasnt depressed(i was shocked when he said it) just tired (thought i had a lack of iron or something). so the doctors have never belived its anything different to that ive always hoped i would find a reason for my lack of energy and mood, but i never have.

i dont know if my condition is a mental or physical thing and thats half the trouble

Self Doubt
27-05-10, 11:40
Before I started taking my antidepressants I found I wasn't living life anymore. All the things I loves I had no interest in anymore. I used to spend all my time reading, writing, and drawing. I even stopped spending time with my friends and just stayed home all day. A few months after I started taking the antidepressants I had a new take on life, and slowly everything started getting back on track.

Earthworm
27-05-10, 12:21
I agree - it was the same for me but without realising it! I got no real joy or satisfaction from anything, even my kids which was the really horrible thing. Even though my depression seems to be a bi product of my anxiety / panic, once I was on the meds not only did the physical symptoms ease but I seemed to wake up to so many things. I know I'm not out of the woods yet & there is no quick fix but at least I have made a start and glimpsed what life should be like!!