PDA

View Full Version : Hello all,

Mr.D
24-05-10, 12:15
Hello all im new here. Hope i can find help, Im 16 years old and am suffering from what can only be described as anxiety. Im going to the doctors in 4 days to get it accessed to be sure. I have been suffering from it for about 1 month and a half, it wouldnt be an exageration to say its been one of the darkest times in my life. I would describe it as totally stress induced and physcological, as it occurs mostly when i over think, and think about the symptoms im experiencing in turn they either worsen or i develop more. Though sometimes it can strike when its the last thing on my mind making me believe its very much stress related. Just a few of the symptoms i am experiencing, or have are - chest pains, i get very aware of my heart being there, pains in body randomly, pins and needles (which feel rather extreme when its in my head), i presume im going to die of a terrible illness due to some of these symptoms which then causes a slight panic attack and i find it hard to stop thinking badly. These are just a few of the symptoms.

diane07
24-05-10, 12:19
Hi Mr.D

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
24-05-10, 14:33
Hi Mr D , and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

davegmatthews
24-05-10, 14:45
hello mr d.
just been reading your post. bad times hey?
if you are still incontrol of your self and your life, more or less, i would reccommend trying all of the non-pharmasutical routes first. where anti D's are available, and are prescribed relatively easily. they can be a complete bitch to get off. read on these forums about anti stress techniques. do a bit a yoga, do something good for yourself, healty diet, healthy lifestyle. good sleep and stop stressing. what'll be will be.
good luck with it all and try to kickstart yourself which should keep you from negitive places.

Mr.D
24-05-10, 16:30
Thank you all.
davegmatthews, yeaa i used to play alot of football and do alot of excercise, but haven't found to much time to lately with different social ties and education. Im starting to slowly bring it back in, i played football for the first time in 7 months two days ago and i felt really de-stressed for a few hours after and felt healthier. Thank you again.

Veronica H
24-05-10, 16:40
:welcome:to NMP MR D. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

K3vin
24-05-10, 18:45
Welcome Mr D.

You are doing well - just by asking for help.
I have taken so long to get to your position.

So take credit - and I hope you nip this problem as a really young man. Good luck with your appointment.

Kevin

Mr.D
25-05-10, 23:26
Thank you all for the kind welcome :)