PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine and Fatigue

soulsearcher
24-05-10, 12:59
Hello all

I have been taking fluoxetine 20mg for around two months due to depression and anxiaty due to bereavement My moods are very good best I have ever felt in years but only issue I have is that a lot of mornings I get very bad Fatigue and have problems doing anything I am quite fit even though I have not been to work for 5 month I did not suffer this fatigue before my loss but have always had problems waking up in the morning just wondering if any of you have had the same issues Also my anxiety seams worse sometimes
but doctor says this is normal and will consider upping dose to sort this out I also have Social Anxiety Disorder And was being treated for depresion

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

gareth

KK77
24-05-10, 20:38
Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss Gareth.

SSRIs can cause fatigue but it's also a component of anxiety/depression so it's hard to pinpoint the exact cause. I take a similar antidepressant and tiredness/fatigue is something I get frequently, especially since I increased the dose. I just try to keep as active as possible but do end up having a nap some days, as I'd rather do that than not be able to function.

You just have to hope that it gradually eases as your condition improves (increasing your dose may help with this). Here's hoping...