PDA

View Full Version : ok..

linworth
24-05-10, 16:19
Hi,

Well i have managed to go the the gym today, (terrified for the last two weeks to go< dont know why though, i dont have a phobia) basically 4 weeks ago i had a panic attack out of the blue , i used to suffer about 5 years ago, but been well since then, i was having a stressful time at work/home etc but nothing major, i have been through a lot worse. My panic attacks are shaking, extreme anxiety, but not the breathing. Anyway i have been a mess for the last 3 weeks, had to come home from work etc.. spoke to a counsellor through work, as i have been extremely anxious that it had all come back ( is suffered depression and anxiety because of a bereavement), i never want to be in that black hole again in my life, its like i am constantly looking over my shoulder to check i am ok since this has happened, and it has made me extremely anxious, i had a bad day yesterday, felt extremely depressed, but today like mentioned i have been to the gym, been shopping, actually eaten lunch ( had no appiteite) pick children up from school, now come home to sit in the garden, andit has reared its head again, the only way i can describe it is a fear that everything is going to be bad like last time, but i know logically its not, it totally overwhelms, i feel frightened, but dont know why, will this go? i am starting counselling sessions on wednesday..

thanks lynne

Vixxy
24-05-10, 17:56
Hi Lynne. The most important thing you can do now is to not dwell on it getting worse. The more you worry the more itll come back. I know this sounds hard, but it does help to lessen the impact.
It sounds like when youre keeping yourself busy the anxiety is kept at bay. So keep this up! Even if you have nothing you need to do, find something to do that will distract you from dwelling and worrying.
This site might help http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_self_help.htm
Try and do something each day that youre proud of or that fills you with happiness. It helps!
You are strong enough to get through this and you have the support from everyone here.

Take care.

linworth
24-05-10, 18:34
Thanks for the reply and the link, i have had a quick look, will read properly later, when children are in bed. I know you are right, but its so hard to switch off, it has frightened me so much, dont get me wrong i had waves of it while i was out, but got through, dont feel confident to be on my own yet, how bad is that? four weeks ago I was going about daily life no problem.. This is what i hope the counselling will help with. Back to work tomorrow, another worry, will i be ok? how will i deal with the feelings if they come,, it was so awful last week. I just need a good day there, and i will relax. Have a nice evening.
lynne

JT69
24-05-10, 18:54
Hey Lynne,

I think you did well going to the gym etc and keeping yourself occupied. Work will be fine tommorow...you will probably find the distraction helps...you might feel a bit nervous before you go but by the time you get there and get on with what you have to do that should help take the thoughts away. Thats what happens to me at the moment...I wake up all anxious etc and make myself go into work even though I feel total crap and an overwhelming feeling that I just want to lie down and stay there all day...once I have been at work a while and start talking to others etc "the feelings" just disappear.

Good luck hun....let us know how you get on.

Take care of yourself.
JO.xx

linworth
24-05-10, 19:56
Hi Jo

thanks for the message, guess what sat down and had tea tonight, WOW, might not have ate it all, but its a start. I know youre right about work, just feel sick. My mind keeps having the wizzing thoughts, if that makes sense, like i just want it to be quiet for a bit, but i know i am on the road back, i think, hope you had a good day at work, will let u know how i get on, just off to the shops, first time on my own for over a week.

Take care lynne

JT69
24-05-10, 20:37
Hi Lynne,

Well done....good you ate something like you say its a start. Hope you got on o.k at the shops. I remember when I first went out to the shops when I was ill, that was a Monday eve too but it was back in October so was dark then, I just made my mind up and off I went...at that time I had been stuck in for ages but I just went and did it and was so proud when I made it there and back....you are doing so well. Keep it going....and trust me work will be fine...you will be on here tomorrow night telling us how well you got on. You see.
Good luck....JO.xx