PDA

View Full Version : Those who listen to self help CD's...

hungrycaterpillar
24-05-10, 21:27
... How do you find the time to listen?

My Dad bought me a set of cd's from I Love Panic Attacks. They are really good but I have had them ages and still haven't got past number 3, and there's fourteen of them!!

I just find it so hard to find an hour where I can sit and do NOTHING except listen to them. I often listen whilst I am doing something else like cleaning or shopping online but then I worry I might not be taking the information in?

I promised my Dad I would do these and I so want to get better.

Help!

Jenny
24-05-10, 21:50
I keep a cd by my bed and every morning before I get up I listen to it. I t is Joe barry CD for pain, but it is really relaxing and easy listening, not just for pain.

Jenny xx

nomorepanic
24-05-10, 22:06
Go to bed an hour earlier and listen to them there.

Ronny
25-05-10, 07:11
I have several cd's I listen to them anytime of day and night.:D
Rhonda xx:D

Logan_Five
25-05-10, 09:49
I've got some CD's by a fella called Glenn Harold. I ripped them onto my IPOD, so I can listen as and when. :)

Dazza
25-05-10, 14:27
I normally listen to them at night when in bed, or when I feel really stressed and need to calm down. I would always try using a CD for example instead of grabbing the valium (which I only use if I am super super anxious and want to switch off).

Until now the best CD's I have found (also available as MP3 downloads) are those offered by Brainsync, and American company. They sell relaxation and guided meditation CDs.. my fav two are Healind Meditation and Deep Wave Sleep. The tracks contain certain frequencies (you need to wear headphones to get the benefit) that a scientifically proven to slow down brain activity and make you relax. I can highly recommend them. I normally never get to the end of them, as the frequencies that they use relax me so much that I nornally fall off to sleep before the end. They also contain positive affirmations.

hungrycaterpillar
25-05-10, 21:56
Hmmm, thank you all. These cd's are a 14 week course to combat anxiety, so I think I need to be awake to listen to them. It's just hard finding a whole hour to myself 3 times a week (I work long hours most of the time)

I also woke up the other morning being strangled by my headphones!!! Very scary.

So do you think it is ok to listen whilst doing other things? Do you think the brain takes in the information subliminally??