PDA

View Full Version : Really Anxious weird symptoms- please help

gordie1
24-05-10, 22:32
Hi there I am really anxious tonight thinking of going up to a+e, about 3 hours ago I got this really sharp knife like pain in my chest right side for about 3 or 4 seconds, I had 3 of them, they have not come back, but all day yesterday and today been feeling detached and dizzy I was anxious about travelling to see my parents not too good on motorways but all day I felt detached and woke up today feeling like that, numb and light headed.But I keep on getting tingling down my arms sometimes a pain in my left arm but my posture is bad. I got tingling lips earlier tonight. I managed to have an endoscopy 2 weeks ago I took 10mg of atevan before I even went into the hospital and they gave me the sedation and it was fine I dont remember a thing!! But they told me I had inflammation of the oesophagus, gastritis and inflammation of the duodenum as well as a hiatus hernia. But the anxiety tonight is real bad i am convinced im having a heart attack Ive been looking on the internet and it has not been helpful. Please help I feel like im going mad. Its the tingling thats bothering me is that normal with anxiety?

nomorepanic
24-05-10, 22:36
Tingling is very normal with anxiety - have a read of the symptoms page on the left.

Pain in the right side of the chest or even the left is not usually the heart. heart pain would be central.

Sounds like you are getting chest zaps - I get them a lot.

A heart attack is a pain in the centre of the chest that can radiate up to the neck or down the arm. If you think you are having one then call 999 and get checked out.

nomorepanic
24-05-10, 22:36
Just to add - you need to get the breathing under control and this will help the tingling