PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have IBS?

lucylocketmk
25-05-10, 13:11
Hi, I have IBS myself and am looking for others who have it as well. I was not sure were to post this so please if this is not the right place, it was not intentional. I am currently doing my dissertation on IBS as thought I could use my own experience as evidence but apparently not. I am hoping some people with IBS would not mind answering 8 questions for me. They do not take long to respond to and all responses will be treated confidentially and only used for the purposes of my dissertation. Thank you in advance for any help. I can be contacted on lucy_locketmk@hotmail.com (lucy_locketmk@hotmail.com)
Amy

mumble
25-05-10, 13:46
I have suffered with IBS for many years. I'd be happy to answer them.

xfilme
25-05-10, 14:01
sure, ill answer them.

jothenurse
25-05-10, 14:05
I've had IBS for years. Now with this anxiety/panic disorder, and I have lost 20 pounds, I maybe go up a pound, then have trouble with the IBS, and go right back down. It's frustrating. Got seem to get anywhere with the weight gain, because of the anxiety, can barely eat anything in the morning, then it gets a little big better in the afternoon and in the evening, but can only eat small amounts.
Any advice?

Pudding
25-05-10, 16:16
Hi Lucy

I also suffer with this horrid condition. I would be happy to answer your questions but your link doesn't work. Can you check it.

Fran

lucylocketmk
25-05-10, 16:26
Hi, sorry don't know how to make link work but these are the questions, thank you so much for taking the time
1) male or female
2)age
3)do you know what caused/triggered your IBS?
4)How were you diagnosed?
5)What symptoms did you/do you have?
6)What treatment worked for you, if any?
7)What impact did it have on your life?

This is my contact email if you would prefer to send your responses via that
I really appreciate any responses
Thank you
Amy

ladybird64
25-05-10, 16:44
Lucy, can I suggest that you ask people to contact you by PM (private message function) , then you can give them your email address?

Any posts on NMP are available for public viewing on the internet as it is a public forum, this is why they suggest that personal info shouldn't be included in posts.

Private messages are just that, private. Might be better if people contacted you by this method and you can remove you email addy from your post.

Just a suggestion :flowers:

lucylocketmk
26-05-10, 11:05
thanks for the suggestion, feel free to contact me by pm, thanks to anyone who responds