PDA

View Full Version : Post Menopausal Anxiety

maz55
25-05-10, 13:15
Thought the anxiety had gone or at least had shrunk, but this week have been feeling awful. My Doctor says i am now post menopause, but just lately seem to have really bad PMT symptons, ie sore boobs, IBs is worse, worry, short temper, and very weepy, and anxiety getting bad. I only have to get a twinge, ie head pain, and of course that is a stroke, or a chset pain which is always on reflection in the same place,and of the same nature, and is muscular I know (I do lots of manual work) but of course that is a heart attack, these feelings will gradually subside until about a week before my period would have been due, so I realize that what I am feeling is prob hormone related, but can anyone relate to this,PMt after no more periods tis rather like a phantom thing, basically just seeking reassurance.
Thanks peeps

:)

I Am What I Am, & What I Am Needs No Excuses

jothenurse
25-05-10, 13:59
I'm 56 - post menopausal. About 8 months after I stopped menstruating, I started spotting and then had a very bad period - heavy bleeding. They said it was an estrogen surge. That happened twice. It was terrible. Prior to that I had the endometrial biopsy and ultrasound and everything was ok. But my bad anxiety/panic disorder with palpitations started after that and I do think hormonal changes do not help the anxiety.