PDA

View Full Version : Prozep Mistake

Ruby94
25-05-10, 17:55
i found out that lloyds pharmacy gave me a bigger dose when i went for a new bottle of anti depressants. I was taking 2.5 they didnt take notice of this and put me straight upto 5. My Mum said she was going to do something about it but hasnt yet. Its because it isnt her body whats getting screwed up she just puts it off. She doesnt have to go through this so she doesnt exactly care.

SO YEAH.
HOW FANTASTIC IS THIS.

LucyR
25-05-10, 18:07
Hi Ruby, Contact Lloyds Pharmacy yourself to complain that you have received the wrong dose of your medication, instead of screwing your body up, or you could half the tablets till you get your correct dosage?

Going home
25-05-10, 18:12
Do you mean Prozac Ruby? Sorry i'm not too familiar with anti-d's so don't know if there is one called Prozep. Its unusual for the pharmacy to get a dose wrong, though it can happen...they usually follow the instructions on the pescription from the doc, are you sure the doctor hasn't upped your dose from 2.5 to 5mg and you haven't noticed when she's told you or something? You did say you were going back to her because you felt you couldn't cope with your depression.

I would call the sugery and check on the dose that was pescribed and if it really should have been 2.5mg then the pharmacy is in a bit of trouble! If your mum won't do it then maybe you'll have to do it yourself because its def something that needs sorting out.

Anna xxx

Ruby94
25-05-10, 18:37
what is going to happen to me now, im taking the lowest bit on a spoon. Will i be ok untill i get intouch with the doctor?

LucyR
25-05-10, 18:41
Hi, Half the tablet would be equal to your usual dosage of 2.5 so that should be fine and contact practice first thing tomorrow am. Also is it prozep or prozac you meant?

JaneC
25-05-10, 20:01
Ruby, do you mean you're taking liquid Prozac? If so, why can't you just take the 2.5ml if that's what you are supposed to be taking? 2.5ml is equal to a 10mg dose. 5ml is equal to 20mg, the lowest dose people normally take unless they are being weaned on to it to avoid side effects. You won't come to serious harm taking 5ml, just might get some side effects, but you need to clarify what dose your doc actually wants you to take. x