PDA

View Full Version : Tight painfull chest

peter34uk
25-05-10, 19:44
Came on about an hour and half ago. Its in the centre of my chest.

My pulse is 70bpm but im worried something maybe wrong.

I reckon is could be stress. My wife is away tonight and i been worried about being on my own.

At what point should i really worry.

Dazza
25-05-10, 19:53
Hi mate,

I've had this loads, sometimes for hours or days. I don't get this symptom much these days though, it's been replaced with others!.

Normally, if my BPM is normally (which yours is) I tell myself not to worry, and that my chest pain is due to muscle tension across the chest.

If you are still concerned, then my advice would be to contact NHS Direct on 0845 4647 (24 hours) and they will talk to you about it.

Hope that helps mate. Try breathing with your diapragm (breathing by pushing your stomach in and out as opposed to breathing in and out with your chest). Count slowly to 6 as u breath in, then hold it while you count to 6, then slowly release the breath while you count to 6). Hope it helps. :)

nomorepanic
25-05-10, 19:56
If you call NHS direct or the out of hours doc they will either get an ambulance or tell you to go to A&E for an ECG.

I know this cos I called them 2 weeks ago and was sent to A&E.

You have to decide if it is bad enough to get it checked out.

Dazza
25-05-10, 20:03
If you call NHS direct or the out of hours doc they will either get an ambulance or tell you to go to A&E for an ECG.

I know this cos I called them 2 weeks ago and was sent to A&E.

You have to decide if it is bad enough to get it checked out.

You are right Nicola - in hindsight I should have thought of that. I called NHS Direct once with chest pain (I was on anti-arrhythmia drugs at the time) and they sent the paramedics to my house. All heart test results were normal (as usual!).

peter34uk
25-05-10, 20:29
Thanks guys, i reckon or i hope its more tension than anything else. Its slightly improved and i reckon if it was bad then i would feel worse right??

crazyhayz
25-05-10, 22:09
ive had this all day. its not constant though... in comes on randomly, lasting seconds, then goes, then comes back... its in centre of chest too...im really worried. anyone help??

randomworry
25-05-10, 22:18
to answer your question peter about when you should worry........never worry because it solves nothing obviously easier said than done but you get what i mean.

your pulse will fluctuate all the time by the way it is normal