PDA

View Full Version : Re-homed our doggy

Bexmumto3
25-05-10, 22:15
We had to re-home our Boxer dog today as we are having to sell our house & move into rented & they won't take dogs, it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, we have had her for just over 3yrs since she was 8wks old, she was my soul mate & helped me through so many tough times but I had to be realistic & put the needs of my children needing a roof over their heads as priority yet I feel so guilty for it as if I have given one of my children away.
She has gone to a lovely home where she is still with children & the hours the man works will suit her well & his wife is home all day anyway, she is in a house that backs onto a field so she will get plenty of exercise, she wasn't getting as much as normal here as my hubbie has a prolapsed disc & has been finding it hard so I know it is the best thing for her too but god this is so hard :weep::weep:
The man has been in contact a few times since picking her up this morning & has even sent a picture via text of her, bless him he was asking if she usually has the light left on overnight, etc.
He has agreed that we can go & see her anytime & has invited the 5 of us around for dinner next week so the kids are pleased they will still see her.
Pointless post I know but just wanted to get it all off my chest, have been crying all afternoon & it has bought many panics & horrid feelings on :weep:

Ronny
25-05-10, 22:55
Hello...As a dog lover i understand your pain,and it is not a senseless post.I have a mini foxy,who is not well and had to put him in the kennels while I was away I felt terrible the lady said he cried for days,when I left him and so did I.You did the right thing though and at least you can see your mate.My dog has been with me for 13yrs and knows when I am having a bad day,he sits on my lap and rubs his little face on mine.You sound like a lovely person,let me know how you get on:D
Love Rhonda xx:flowers:

magpie girl
26-05-10, 12:43
im so sorry to hear you have had to part with a member of your family,because thats what your dog was:weep::weep:i know it has been hard for you but you have put your dog first and found her a fantastic new home xxxxxxx:bighug1::bighug1:

Bexmumto3
26-05-10, 20:39
Thank you both of you.

Still feel pretty rubbish about it but a bit better today, have had lots of text messages from the man that has taken her & it sounds like she has settled in really well & has taken to their daughters as she was waiting for them to come home from school & then got all excited & one of the girls has given her a teddy which she carries everywhere with her.
Be glad to get away from this house now as then we won't have the memories of her here as that is making it worse, we went shopping today & normally when we unload the car one of us goes & lets her into the garden & my husband went to do this & then realised she wasn't there :weep:

Ronny
07-06-10, 04:27
Hello....Just thought I would check in and see how your dog is going in her new home
Love Rhonda:)

Veronica H
07-06-10, 07:42
:bighug1:You have chosen a great family for your dog and done the very best you could. I would be as upset as you though, and isn't silly at all.:flowers:

Veronicax