PDA

View Full Version : Help...is this my heart??

crazyhayz
26-05-10, 00:33
Ok so my pain in the centre (sternum sort of breastbone area) in chest is really worrying me now.... it isnt constant, but i keep getting it coming on every 5 or 10 minutes, a heaviness/pushing down feeling... the whole area feels bruised but i think thats where ive been pressing and touching the area so try and 'localize' the pain to see whether its muscular or skeletal pain...im convinced its my heart, i dont mean heart attack, but i think theres definitely something up there... i get shooting pains on right and left side of my chest sometimes too, i cant blv my HA is coming back with full force :( ive been worry-free about my heart for so long...ive had 8 or 9 ECG's, but ive never had this sort of discomfort where its central...HELPPP :(:(

crazyhayz
26-05-10, 00:37
btw, ecg's were all normal, but as i said, ive never had CENTRAL chest pain before :( all been left side...

alicegreen
26-05-10, 13:54
I do understand what it is like to fret and worry constantly, but that is probably making the problem worse.

What I would do myself (in the absence of any other symptoms) would be to take some painkillers and get busy and re-evaluate in an hour.

xxx

gypsywomen
26-05-10, 13:56
if your co conerned it is your heart i would rig nhs direct to put your mind at ease