PDA

View Full Version : no courage to go out tday!!!

bellalew
26-05-10, 11:24
:sofa:i promised myself last night(feeling confident) that id get up today get the house wrk done get myself dressed up and go into town for a look around,that was at 7 30,times crept on and i cant get through the door!!!! im scared to go out,its ruined my day,iv got my coat on and thats as far as iv got,i keep waching bus after bus go pass my house,saying ill go on the next one,but cant do it,then i think crying,if id have gone on that bus,id be in town now!!.thinking about it is easy but putting my plan into action im finding it extremley diffecult,if not impossable,i was so pleased last night that id made a decision for today,but its all crashed in on me,i feel iv been smacked in the face for wanting to have a little pleasure:weep:im watching people walk past,on there own,how do they do it!why cant i? i loathe myself,i hate my life and this illness!,im a let down.

gypsywomen
26-05-10, 11:53
why dont you try baby steps open the dor and take 3 steps then stand outside see how you feel, if your ok go in then try again this time a little futher you can do it ,,be brave ,,

Pudding
26-05-10, 12:30
Hi bellalew

I have this exact problem, I am happy to go with someone but not on my own. Does yours stem from a fear of something specific happening or a feeling of anxiety in general. I'm terrified in case I get an off balance or dizzy attack, I had got over these things a while ago but they keep rearing their ugly heads again these days. I do find I can take a short walk now, but it's very short, say 150 yards and then I start to get anxious and have to turn back as I feel I'm getting too far away. Keep at it, with practice it does go but you really have to face the little demon first.

Fran x

Bluebelle
26-05-10, 12:54
It can be so hard to go outside. I have been through what you're describing so many times and it is soul- destroying.

Don't be too hard on yourself- I think Gypsywoman has some great advice. Maybe just try going outside your door and standing there and see how you do. If you could just stand on your step for a few moments - you'll have "gone out" .

You're not a "let-down" you are an important valuable person facing very tough obstacles. It is okay to feel scared but just because you're scared doesn't mean you're any less of a good person.

Lots of love and hugs from me to you on this tough day !

bellalew
26-05-10, 14:27
thanks to you all for your thoughtfull replys and advice,iv got as far as the garden gate,it was a tiny baby step i supose,but cant go no further ill have to say defeat,and maybe try again tomorrow,hesitating has made it a no go,cant do it today.it stemed from a few yrs ago when i was in town,ifelt dizzy and was stagering a little,some kids were walking past me and i heard them talking about me saying,look at that woman there shes drunk and was all laughing at me,i had a flash back and thats what kept me hesatating this morning,its made me paranoid and was scared incase it happened again,it probly wouldnt have but the flash back stopped me going,im going to try again tomorrw though,harder this time.its silly though that somthing like that stops one from enjoying.i know iv got to push myself and get a grip as its only me thats spoiled my day out.for all i cant do it today iv had comfort from all of you and thats helping me get over a set back,tomorrw WILL BE A BETTER DAY.ellen xx

alicegreen
26-05-10, 14:36
Hugs from me Ellen, today has been a bad one for me as well. I know that we have to challenge ourselves in order to get better but some days I think it can be OK to be gentle on ourselves too and have a duvet day.

Take care, and here's to tomorrow being brighter too (hey, where did the sunshine go?) xxx

LucyR
26-05-10, 14:42
Hi, I have lost count of how many days ive promised myself id get up and get the housework done and go down town and lots more, and like you, got nothing done whatsover, do not worry, the day will come when you achieve what you set out to do.

bellalew
26-05-10, 15:06
Hugs from me Ellen, today has been a bad one for me as well. I know that we have to challenge ourselves in order to get better but some days I think it can be OK to be gentle on ourselves too and have a duvet day.

Take care, and here's to tomorrow being brighter too (hey, where did the sunshine go?) xxx
:)thanks alicegreen,i think the sun has emegrated to spain,ha.xx

bellalew
26-05-10, 15:11
Hi, I have lost count of how many days ive promised myself id get up and get the housework done and go down town and lots more, and like you, got nothing done whatsover, do not worry, the day will come when you achieve what you set out to do.
:)thanks lucyR,im going to do it,i will do it.xxx

bellalew
26-05-10, 15:19
It can be so hard to go outside. I have been through what you're describing so many times and it is soul- destroying.

Don't be too hard on yourself- I think Gypsywoman has some great advice. Maybe just try going outside your door and standing there and see how you do. If you could just stand on your step for a few moments - you'll have "gone out" .

You're not a "let-down" you are an important valuable person facing very tough obstacles. It is okay to feel scared but just because you're scared doesn't mean you're any less of a good person.

Lots of love and hugs from me to you on this tough day !
:)thankyou bluebella,i feel much better now through your kind understanding words.ellen.xxx

bellalew
26-05-10, 15:22
Hi bellalew

I have this exact problem, I am happy to go with someone but not on my own. Does yours stem from a fear of something specific happening or a feeling of anxiety in general. I'm terrified in case I get an off balance or dizzy attack, I had got over these things a while ago but they keep rearing their ugly heads again these days. I do find I can take a short walk now, but it's very short, say 150 yards and then I start to get anxious and have to turn back as I feel I'm getting too far away. Keep at it, with practice it does go but you really have to face the little demon first.

Fran x
:)thakyour fran,kind words have comforted me.ellen.xx

bellalew
26-05-10, 15:31
why dont you try baby steps open the dor and take 3 steps then stand outside see how you feel, if your ok go in then try again this time a little futher you can do it ,,be brave ,,
:)thanks gypsywoman,for all couldnt be brave enough to go the whole journey,i did take your advice,i got to the gate,but tomorrow i AM going to go out iv booked in to have my hair done,its not as far as town but is a short bus ride.if everyone can do it i can,im sure,I WILL BE BRAVE.xx

gypsywomen
26-05-10, 15:45
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/nik_171/quotes/anxiety-or-faith.jpgyou can do it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx