PDA

View Full Version : Dentist.........and scared!!

diane07
26-05-10, 12:33
For some reason i have developed a real phobia about going the dentist, i've never been keen on going, but now i seem to have developed a real fear about it.

Anyway, i know i have to have treatment done, so instead of me living with the fear day in and day out and reliving what he is going to do, i've made an appointment for 3.15 today.

I know there is not alot anyone can do to make me feel calmer, but i suppose just sharing it with you all helps me in some way.

I hope my thoughts are going to be worse than the deed:weep:

di xx

nomorepanic
26-05-10, 14:52
Good luck Di - I know how much this is worrying you but we will all be with you in thought.

Let us know what happens

bellalew
26-05-10, 14:54
For some reason i have developed a real phobia about going the dentist, i've never been keen on going, but now i seem to have developed a real fear about it.

Anyway, i know i have to have treatment done, so instead of me living with the fear day in and day out and reliving what he is going to do, i've made an appointment for 3.15 today.

I know there is not alot anyone can do to make me feel calmer, but i suppose just sharing it with you all helps me in some way.

I hope my thoughts are going to be worse than the deed:weep:

di xx:hugs:the getting there is a hard one for me hun,and yes the thought is worse than the deed, once your there half the battle is won and once your out youv won the battle.brave you will be fine.xx

bottleblond
26-05-10, 14:59
Di you will be absolutely fine mate.
This has been something that has been playing on your mind for a while now and i think you will feel a huge relief and sence of achievement once you have been.

You are a very strong lady hun. You can do this!!!
Thinking of you
Loads of love and hugs
Lisa
xxx
:bighug1:

sb001f8994
26-05-10, 15:09
Good luck with your appointment Di, you are right the apprehension is far worse than the event.

diane07
26-05-10, 16:20
Well so much for me plucking up the courage, dentist said he won't carry out the work just yet and i will have to go back in a few weeks time.................Great:lac:

All this waiting is just increasing my anxiety.

Thanks for all your support, its a huge help:hugs:

di xx

chrissy16
26-05-10, 17:38
Oh that's awful. I know how you feel though I am the same, dread going, just want to get it done and over with. Poor you having to wait again.

Chris