PDA

View Full Version : panic after every meal

allergyphobia
26-05-10, 14:25
i HATE this. i have had one session of CBT and am trying to apply the techniques i have learnt in my first session... but because i have got to the stage where I am getting anxious whenever I have eaten it is getting ridiculous and frustrating. why does anxiety mimick the symtoms you fear the most?? it's SO cruel. the pollen is making the roof of my mouth and throat itch so when i eat i assume it's the food. it's so stupid, food i KNOW is safe i panic after - why!? i start to wait about 15 minutes for a reaction, and then about a couple of hours later i panic again that a reaction will occur even after that time. so i'm panicky pretty much all day!

my mum is going back today so i guess i'm just a little concerned i've got a couple nights to get through alone - then i am off to see my sister and then off on holiday to spain to see my parents, can't wait!!

allergyphobia
26-05-10, 17:42
please help, i just nearly choked on some chocolate like i couldnt swallow it, ive been on my own for about 2 hours and i'm already crumbling, i can't do this

allergyphobia
26-05-10, 17:47
does anyone know if an allergic reaction could occur like 3 hours after youve eaten the food? would it happen straight away?

jothenurse
26-05-10, 18:07
I would think a severe reaction would happen more immediate. You could have a less severe reaction later (like a rash or something).

mary1
26-05-10, 18:13
hii there...I had something like that after eating anything but not itchy throat its just like increased anxiety everytime something goes into my mouth!! it lasted for coupla months and then with time it got better however i do still feel anxious but less.. i think there has nothing to do with allergy hun it's all anxiety and only that nasty thing..try to train your mind that it is anxiety not the allergy in order to make it better ..i was like that and i didnt worry much although it is easier said than done but try to not to worry and it will be better i promise!!!

Mary