PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say 'Hi'

saltydawg
26-05-10, 16:31
This is my first time at a forum like this. I've been signed off with depresion, stress and have been having anxiety attacks so have been put on Citalopram. I've been reading the forum and some of the side effects sounds terrible. I was warned by the Doctor and pharmacist that I will feel awful before I get better but to stick it out. Is this true? I feel bad enough as it is.

nomorepanic
26-05-10, 16:33
Hi saltydawg

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
26-05-10, 16:49
Not everyone gets bad side effects. And if you do get side effects at first, they may only be mild. Your doc should have said that you MAY feel awful not that you WILL feel awful. All the best. Baggs.

saltydawg
27-05-10, 09:23
Thanks for your comment, yes, he should have said may, not will.
Thankyou.

Raindog
27-05-10, 09:33
Welcome SD,
You may experience some side effects but stay on the forums and use them as a way to talk to people, vent your frustration and seek advice. I've been on the Cit since last Monday and my first week was unpleasant as my anxiety played up but since this Monday I've felt much more at ease and capable.

Your body will need some adjustment and the meds will take a bit of time to find the correct chemical balance to help you so that may take a few weeks, the first one or two weeks may be a bit odd as things get sorted but it should get easier.

It would have made it much easer for me last week when I was having my anxiety and panic attacks if I'd known I'd be more relaxed and together this week, but I didn't so just had to deal with it as best as I could. Now I've pulled out of the anxiety somewhat it's a big relief and glad I started the Cit.

You could try what myself and others are doing in the Citralopram forum, keep a running diary of how you feel and it may help you get through when members respond with encouragement.

saltydawg
27-05-10, 09:55
Thanks Raindog, I've just posted in there but now cant find where it is!

Raindog
27-05-10, 10:04
If you look under your own profile by clicking on your name link up in the top right you can find all your own posts, the Citalopram thread is found under Forum > Remedies/Therapy/Success > Citalopram on the left hand menu. You'll see a little cloud of sub-forums under Medication for different meds.

You can also use the Quick Links on the main navigation bar to see the most recent posts to see what has been said recently under the Todays Posts link.