PDA

View Full Version : need reasurance pls!!

mary1
26-05-10, 17:34
Hi all...i've been suffering anxiety for almsot a year now. It started 4 or 5 months after i gave birth to my son who is 15 months now. It was mainly regualr panic attacks and then fear dying, feeling unreal and then depression. Now, it seems to be managable yet still there and tends to increase just before and after my period. I started taking carbimazole for hyperthyroidism after i have birth in 3 months coz my thyroid was a bit high. It's settled now, yet m still on 5mg only for coupla months before stop taking them at all. Does anyone had that sort of thing and noticed its effect on his/her mood in general or wether it caused them anxious or depressed?? M just feelin lost and alone :( pls your help and reasurance is appreciated!!

Mary

jaded jean
26-05-10, 18:53
Hi Mary.
It could be hormone related, which could affect your thyroid I believe. Can I say it might be post natal depression. I know nothing about about carbimazole but no doubt somebody on here will have more knowledge than me and they will support you and advise as much as they can.
Have another chat with your Gp to see what else he can offer you as you should not be suffering like this especially with a little one to look after.
Jean