PDA

View Full Version : Bad news..failed driving test again

phil06
26-05-10, 17:53
That's me failed three times..same guy as last time who I felt awkward with...heads all over the place swithering if I should give up or resit in the next town as the waiting list is two weeks as opposed to 8 weeks. :wacko::blush:

It was the cause of 6 weeks of stress pain failing last time due to that guy..

LucyR
26-05-10, 17:56
Hi, Id say head to the next town if you feel its the examiner that is making you feel awkward, then that is probably having a big impact on the outcome.

Lizziesaurus
26-05-10, 18:29
Keep going, you'll pass eventually! I never thought I would, was soooo nervous, when he said I'd passed I was shaking so much I couldn't even hand him my provisional! Try get a time around either school going in time or school chucking out time if you go near any schools, so much traffic so you spend half the test just sitting there!

margaret jones
26-05-10, 18:36
Hard luck maybe try other town , will it be familiar to you ??? as strange streets/ towns always make me more anxious ??
Best Wishes you will get there

Maggie

phil06
26-05-10, 18:56
Hard luck maybe try other town , will it be familiar to you ??? as strange streets/ towns always make me more anxious ??
Best Wishes you will get there

Maggie

Yes the next town the main roads I know quite well..drove on it maybe 3/4 times max on lessons. I heard the roads are not too easy to drive on a few big roundabouts. A few side roads I'd not have a clue about..

The examiner I got was a retired guy who was covering to cut down the backlog. Like one major fault came from five minors for going too slow...lol..too slow?? Test was around 3.30 but oh well I thought he would be unhappy if I speeded.

I could get a test within two weeks next town. Instructor said 5 lessons I say 1/2 just to get to know the roads a bit. I do feel like giving up but 8 weeks stewing not knowing if I can get this guy again. My instructor said more people pass in my town and one guy got the same person 4 times and failed 4 times.

It's soo hard..drive perfect for 40 minutes. :weep: 1 year and a half I've been learning and I'm confident. Nobody wants me to give up but the stress was unbearable last time.

bedofroses
26-05-10, 20:13
i know how you feel ive failed my test 3 times mines due to nerves,ive put a post on here re my nerves when it comes to my driving test,

phil06
27-05-10, 17:14
I got some positive news and booked another test for two weeks..so I'll need to take lessons to get to know the other town roads...

I'd have had to stew until August if I had sat it in my town I failed three times in.

JaneC
27-05-10, 18:01
Well done Phil for going for it again as soon as you can - and fingers crossed for you. x

phil06
06-09-10, 12:07
Just want to discuss where I am now with it..since this post I sat a 4th try in the summer and failed again and took a bit of a break as the nerves really got me the last time.

I've considered rebooking it however I felt after that I hit a mental stumbling block where I said.."That's it, I tried it more than once, and I failed". Plus alot of my desire, enjoyment has kind of went from it, and my hours at work won't be able to afford a car. I only have so long left on my theory test though if I want to sit it again.

It's easy for people to say keep trying but it's caused me alot of stress. I felt guilty for failing it as it was as people expected alot of me. I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has gave up or know people that gave up and there reasons why? I know people say regret but I turned down the chance of going to college this year again so the regrets always there in life.

I was extremely close to passing first time as I was quite confident, but the confidence has actually dropped rather than got better with more tests. I'm quite bad at making choices with my anxiety right now but I think I can't go sitting 8 or 10 tests as it's not good for my anxiety or bank balance. :unsure: