PDA

View Full Version : Pain after exercising/being active??????

crazyhayz
26-05-10, 22:15
Ok so i've ignored the central chest pains all day today, and cracked on with some gardening. To be honest, theyve not been as frequent today. However, now im sat down relaxed (only stopped gardening half an hour ago!) my anxiety has shot through the roof and i dont know why, havent had a panic attack for a bit and i started getting the symptoms of panic again, and i dont know why! Thinking back though, my other one was after i had done alot of busy active stuff,,, is there a connection ?? I find if ive been rushing around alot, i get really bad sometimes, weak arms and legs, dizziness, depersonalization....etc etc. It goes eventually but its really not nice, and its starting to worry me if i wanna do anything incase i get all the funny feelings of panic..... wanna do more gardening tomorrow, but dont think its a good idea....... please help guys... :-( ps. the chest pains are back again this evening, every 5 or 10 minutes il getta twinge in middle of chest :( like a dull ache :( but could this be the gardening thats done this??

Going home
26-05-10, 23:34
Well the chest pains would've got worse not better today with the gardening if there was a problem with your heart so i wouldn't worry about that too much...have you ever asked the doc about this by the way? Also, after exercise like gardening your heart will beat faster and stronger and this would probably be enough for an anxious person to turn into panic...people who don't have HA would just accept that its normal to feel weak and shaky after doing anything physical and wouldn't worry, and certainly wouldn't turn those physical sensations into a panic attack.

What you're feeling after the gardening...and gardening is hard work, is normal, even the depersonalisation, sorry ive never quite understood what this means, by this do you mean you feel spaced out? because i get this feeling alot too, but just put it down to overdoing things.

Anna xx

crazyhayz
27-05-10, 00:18
Thanks for your reply, made me feel alot better, pains have calmed down now..

Well yeah i think i mean spaced out, but i just feel like in a 'dreamlike' state, like everything around me (and myself even!) doesnt seem quite 'right', like i know its all happerning and that im obviiusly real etc, but it just doesnt feel that way, and certianly doesnt 'look' real. Its very, very hard to explain tbh.. But yes, i think my chest muscles have just been over-worked, but i also get it by even walking around not exercising, just moving around as normal from day to day... so dont understand why it keeps hurting randomly so much... really strange. I deffo think anxiety is linked to costochondritis. Ive had this twice before, and its horrible. Gave me realllllly bad chest pains on my left side. I spose ive just been more concerned aqbout this because the pains are central, and that usually means heart pain, well, it CAN mean heart pain... im only 22 and have had about 8 or 9 ECG's that were all normal so i know i need to accept my hearts ok, but everytime i get a 'different' pain that ive not had before, i immediatly think its my heart again! its a vicious cycle! :( Im guna ask my doctor wot he thinks, although if im honest, i think they all secretly take the mick out of me down there, as i practically lived in there the last 4 months til i started getting better with my HA lol. Hope ur ok anyway?

Going home
27-05-10, 00:37
Yes thank you ive improved loads since being on here. Thanks for explaining the depersonalisation to me, ive seen it written here lots of times and never associated it with how i feel too sometimes, but now in connection to what you say i think its the same kind of thing if not exactly the same if you get what i mean. Ive had this weakness and spacy feeling, a 'not quite there' sensation for a long time whenever i do anything that uses up any energy, but i know its just the 'engine knocking' for want of a better expression. And anxious people get it quite quickly and without much effort sometimes because constant anxiety uses up energy even before we do the gardening, so it doesn't take much to give us these strange physical symptoms.

I'm convinced...even if you're not..that your painful chest is just the chest-wall muscles knocking, your breathing will increase with the gardening and your oxygen/carbon dioxide balance could be out of kilter (another casualty of anx) and this would produce pain too. God i sound soooo boring, sorry! Hope its helps and not hinders...:)

Anna xxx