PDA

View Full Version : Headache for almost two years!

hugs
26-05-10, 23:03
Hello all!

Well I've suffered from anxiety for almost two years now, it started with a fear of getting a brain tumour, aneurysm, stroke etc and although my fears have moved on since then I still get head symptoms (because I think this is how my body manages to express itself).

I'm trying to be positive, I've just finished CBT and although things have improved slightly I still suffer from headaches and senations every single day even at times where I'm not even anxious or worrying. It's like my head is being inflated with air or I have a weight sitting on top of it or it's in a vice and it's just getting tighter and tighter and tighter. I manage to live quite a normal life from the outside but this is depressing the hell out if me!!! Anyone else going throught this??? Can't remember what it's like not to have a headache.

Also my therapist said anxiety cannot harm me but surely if I'm still suffering like this for the next 20 years there'll be some damage done!!

Sick as a chip, I need reassurance xxx

nomorepanic
26-05-10, 23:09
What have the docs said about it and have they diagnosed it as a tension headache?

Going home
26-05-10, 23:22
What you say about your headaches being the way your body expresses itself could be spot on. My body expresses itself via my heart with skipped beats and flutters, whereas my daughter's body does it through her stomach...she gets alot of pain there and loses her appetite when she's anxious. I guess the problem we have is accepting that real physical pain is being generated through our nervous system, through our anxiety. I'm sorry you've had this pain in your head for so long, women in particular can get alot of tension headaches or migraine because of hormones, though obviously men suffer with this too.

Anna xxx

hugs
28-05-10, 23:06
My doctor (who has been great with me and my anxiety) just said that I was still alive so nothing to really worry about.

linjoy
29-05-10, 00:13
I had a constant headache and gp sent me for x ray found I had a twisted vertabrae in my neck which caused the muscles to tense causing the headache. I had a few sessions of physio and it helped alot,if the muscles in the neck are tense it can cause a severe headache and I've found sitting with a hot water bottle round your neck helps the muscles to relax.
Linda

Ronny
29-05-10, 02:07
Hi Linda...I had headaches constantly,my Gp sent me for an MRI and found out I have Paget's disease on the skull.I have a treatment called Aredia every 6months,which does help,but still get mild headaches.
Rhonda x:flowers:

jessicalittler79
29-05-10, 03:47
hi hun i have the tightness in my head real bad for 1 year now its awfull