PDA

View Full Version : Hurts when breathing

f4Gg0t_43
27-05-10, 04:53
What could this be? It hurts when I breathe in deeply, not like a sharp pain, just a general pain in my lungs. I also have the constant need to cough, but I don't have a soar throat or anything. It feels kind of like there is water in my lungs or something.

f4Gg0t_43
27-05-10, 22:47
I just went to the clinic and he said it was just a cold and to take some Advil, but he didn't do any tests except asked me to breathe with a stethoscope. He seems very dismissive, and the only reason he ruled out pneumonia and stuff was because I am only 17. Without drugs, 1 in 3 people will die from pneumonia. I'm kind of scared. Is there any other reason why I wouldn't have it?

Going home
27-05-10, 23:52
If your doctor has listened through a stethescope then he would know what to listen for with pneumonia and if you had this you would have more than a cough, and pain on breathing would be there without having to take deep breaths. If you had any sort of lung disease you wouldn't be able to get out of bed, let alone visit your doctor. You have a cold...uncomfortable it might be...life threatening it isn't. Try not to worry.

Take care
Anna xx

f4Gg0t_43
28-05-10, 01:16
Okay I think he was right, my lungs hurting started to stop, and it turned into achy feeling, and a cough, and soon probably a sore throat. I hope this only lasts a few days.