PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over being tired?

Sarah Louise
27-05-10, 11:09
Good morning,

For the last few months i have been tired a lot i can have 8 hours sleep come down stairs have drink then be so tired i go back to sleep for like another 2 hours! I also have waves of tiredness were i can be sat down and i will feel so tired that i think i am going to fall to sleep there and then.

I suffer with IBS and Acid reflux which is what increases my anxiety ten fold and i was wondering is the anxiety thats make me tired or could i have something serious that the doctors have missed because i have a dull bellyache alot of the time with very bad constipation?

They have put me on 20mg Citaprolam a day because i have been so low with all of this i no this can make you tired but i was tired before i went on it?

Thanks Sarah

marie1974
27-05-10, 11:16
hi hun, i would say it is down to how u r feeling, anxious etc, also IBS and having constipation will make u feel tired and have bellyache cos i get that too.

Also the meds will make u tired too, just try and relax alittle and i'm sure things will settle down for you. hugs xx

Vixxy
27-05-10, 15:41
Citalopram did that to me too. So dont worry, its more than likely the pills making your problem feel worse.
I would wake up at 1pm, get up then back to bed till 4pm. Then up for a few hours and back to a full nights sleep again. When the tiredness hit I was powerless to stop it, I just had to sleep.
Ive since swapped to another antidepressant and Im feeling so much better! I still sleep more than 8 hours a night, but I dont nap at all during the day!

ep10
27-05-10, 18:59
Hi Sarah. My hubby had the same issues with anxiety over his fatigue. He went to the doc and when he ruled everything out for him the fatigue disappeared.. it was a symptom of his anxiety.

I also suffer from GERD.. today has been particularly bad because I started my anti anxiety meds :p If it's not one thing it's another! But your fatigue could very well be from your anxiety issues as well as your new meds.