PDA

View Full Version : feeling faint

jothenurse
27-05-10, 12:33
Does anyone sometimes when you are standing in one spot start to feel faint? Then I can feel my pulse start to rise, and then I get panicky.
This happened this morning when I was in the kitchen, and I know it happens to me every once in a while. Very scary, like you're going to faint.

LucyR
27-05-10, 12:43
Hi, Yes I know what you mean it usually happens when feeling tired and stressed.

jothenurse
27-05-10, 12:53
Thank you for your reply. I just get scared sometimes. Like, this morning, did I get up too fast? Do I have low blood pressure? Then the heart starts pounding and then I'm wondering am I having an anxiety attack or is my blood pressure too low or is there something wrong with me?
Then I am also by myself, which scares me.

LucyR
27-05-10, 13:16
Hi Jo,

I stay by myself as well and I know how scary it is when these feelings take hold, I think it is stress related though because otherwise it would be there permanently would it not?

Lucy.

jothenurse
27-05-10, 13:35
I do tend to run a lower blood pressure sometimes - and I think for years I have always had trouble just standing in one spot for awhile. I have been under more stress lately - I have decreased the amount of Ativan I am taking - per the psychiatrist - she says I am on a very low dose and can pretty much take it the way I want to. I take .5 mg in the morning and .5 at noon - then don't seem to need any for the afternoon or the evening. I am also going to be going back to work next week and I haven't worked for about two and a half months. I am in a supervisor's position with a lot of stress and I think the idea of going back to work is also stressing me out. But, know that I need to push myself and get back to work. It just scares me when these things happen, because then you always start thinking that there is something wrong with you and you have to keep reminding yourself that anxiety plays a big role in it. Thank you for your replies.