PDA

View Full Version : New here, need help, baaadly

Chimpy
27-05-10, 19:20
Hi, I never had depression before, but due to a big very horrible event last December, I became first in a state of shock, for a couple of months or so, then when reality sank i became depressed, Had been taken 20mg of Cit. for one day, felt so bad, the doctor lower the dose to 10mg, and I'm taking 2.5mg of Diazepam in the morning, that seems to help a bit, tomorrow will be my 10th day.:wacko::unsure::scared15:

diane07
27-05-10, 19:22
Hi Chimpy

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

lynn1960
27-05-10, 19:29
theese tablets take time to work bt thet will work and you will start to feel better i was so low at one point i could not look forward to anything now i am back to work have a beautyful grandson and look forward to every day and so will you i hope that you have sorted out what ever happened in december if you want to chat pm me

linjoy
27-05-10, 19:30
Hi Chimpy,
Sorry you are having such a bad time It usually takes 3-4 weeks for Citalopram to work and 10mgs is a very low dose and didn't work for me ( I'm on 20mgs a day which seems to be the standard dose ,I think you can go a high as 40-60mgs) I was lucky and didn't have any side effects but I know a lot of people do but they disappear after you have been taking Cit. for a while
Try and hang in there, have you read psychopoets postings, it's worth a read

JT69
27-05-10, 21:25
Hi Chimpy,

Sorry you are feeling so rotten!! Citalopram can often make you feel worse before you begin to feel better. I think 10mg is a perfect to start on (in my own experience) yes it is a low dose and you will need to increase but the slower you do it the less side effects you will feel. When I started to take it in the past I had to use diazepam to help too so dont be frightened to do that.

Once the drug kicks in you will find you will really feel alot better, so hang on in there and know there is light at the end of that tunnel.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.
Jo.xx

NoPoet
05-06-10, 19:36
Hi Chimpy, don't be afraid, most of us here will be able to identify with some of what you are going through and some of us have started to get better, so there is plenty of hope for everyone :)