PDA

View Full Version : inspiration needed to book a flight

panicdiva
28-05-10, 07:23
We are about to book a flight. Only a short, 2 1/2 hr flight in 4 wks to stay with my uncle in spain. Kids & DH really want to go & so do I but have usual fears as I hate being trapped on a plane & get panic & anxiety from far away from home. Been 4yrs since been on a plane. However, I know that my fears will come & go and deep down I know that we really need the break.

So, I really need some inspiration to: feel the fear but do it anyway!!!!!

Help!

:scared15:

Angelai
28-05-10, 23:16
DO IT, IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!

Ok, I know exactly where you're coming from - I can make myself sooo ill in the weeks and days leading up to any kind of trip. If it helps, remind yourself that there is always a way out. I've managed to get as far as the start of the boarding tunnel before backing out! Ok, so the crew and passengers weren't too impressed, but they decided it was ok to leave my luggage on as my 2 friends were still going to board and they could pick it up the other end (wouldn't be allowed now, I guess). I understand this probably wouldn't be a realistic way to behave in your situation (husband, kids), just wanted to give you an example. Just reminding myself that I don't HAVE to do it really helps.

My saviour these days, everytime I fly, is diazepam. But I never take it at any other time. Honestly, it truly works miracles for me. Maybe talk to your doctor, get a prescription (you shouldn't have any problem if you explain what it's for). Even if you don't take them, having them there just in case will help.

A break from everything, but with your husband and children by your side, will do you the world of good. You CAN do it, just believe :hugs: