PDA

View Full Version : Throat worries :(

wewantfun
28-05-10, 08:32
hey all, im getting myself into a right tizzy here, i had tonsilitis in january and was put on antibiotics for a week, that went away and then a week later got a sore throat for about 3 days and it went off. then 3 weeks ago i got tonsilitis again altho it didn't seem that bad but the doctor put me back on antibiotics again for a week. and then again i got a sore throat about 2 weeks later, so went back to my doctors and she done a throat swab and said it could jusy be a virus.
i got the results back from the swab and i got the all clear, so no nasty germs lurking around in there, but this morning iv woke up again with my throat slightly sore,my voice keeps on going croaky now and again, my neck is tender at the front, and my eyes feel really heavy. this along with the lump in my throat feeling im terrified iv got throat cancer or something:( ( yes i do smoke but im trying my hardest to cut down)
i have 2 kids and im so scared that something is wrong even tho my doctor tells me that all is well, can anxiety really cause so many problems.
i am very stressed out at the moment, im not sleeping, as im moving house in 8 weeks, have money worries, and my ex husband giving me grief. i just feel exhausted all the time.
anybody been through this at all? am i right to worry so much?
oh, i have been to an ENT doctor last sept and had a camara put up my nose to look at my throat that was fine, and i had a scan of my neck aswell and that was fine. xx

Shigo13
28-05-10, 09:23
That is totally anxiety. I get that too. It feels like your throat is closing up or like your tonsils are enlarged. Just try to ignore it. All it is is a sensation. Not actual danger. Just try to rest your mind on that you have anxiety issues and that you were looked at by a doctor, and that your are most likely not the the 00.1% that get misdiagnosed. Just try to live life and not to worry :) If you spend all your time waiting on the storm, you wont enjoy the current sunshine! :yesyes:

Mogwog
28-05-10, 10:13
I had this, bad bout of tonsilitis and then for 4 months after I would get a sore throat which would last for a few days, I too had a swab which came back clear, eventually I just stopped getting them. You'll be fine.xxxxxx