PDA

View Full Version : I really need your advice/help (breast issue)

Mogwog
28-05-10, 10:00
Ok its going to be abit long, sorry...........

In April I went to the docs as I had pain and could feel a lumpy bit in my left breast. I got reffered to breast clinic but got seen privately (wanted it done quicker as my son was in hospital and I couldnt cope) by a consultant who I had seen before to have a benign breast lump removed last year. He scanned me and said he couldnt see anything - I could see screen to and couldnt see anything.

Well about a week after this I had more intense pain and then felt something "pop" in my breast, luckily for some reason that day an appt came through through for my NHS referral (obviously didnt get cancelled when I went private) so I kept the appt to see what was going on and attended last Friday and I have to say it was a nasty experience. I was scanned again and the radiographer said " Oh you have a small group of cysts that you probbaly CAN'T feel as they are so small" but then she and the lady consultant started to discuss another part of my breast, the radiographer said "is it calcifiactions or a fibroadenoma?" (which was what I had last time this need biospy to make sure) and the consultant said "I don't know - it looks a bit like air, whatever it is I THINK its benign!"

They didnt talk to me about it and I was frozen in a panic and was told to get dressed and wait for my results to take them back down to the breast clinic where another consultant would talk to me. When I got called in I got told about the small cysts and he said they are nothing to worry about which is fine but nothing was mentioned about the other thing and again I was on my own and scared so didnt probe him further.

I am suffering from depression and anxeity at the moment as my son is disabled and has ongoing health problems, I also hardly get any sleep as he wakes at 2.30am about twice a week and has epileptic fits until around 8am, he did this last night so is off school today.

I am so worried over this conversation between these two medical proffessionals that I phoned my private consultant and asked advice, he said if I want he will scan me again for reassurance but he doesnt want me to pay so asked me to get reffered to him by my gp as he also works in another clinic on the NHS, I went to gp yesterday who has rufused to refer me again and gave me citalpram (sp?)

I came out of the surgery crying so I phoned my consultants breast care nurse and she said maybe I will just have to pay again to see him for reassurance, she couldnt see why the gp wouldnt refer me based on everything I am going through at the moment.

My question is am I amking a mountain out of a mole hill - I spoke to my mum last night and explained and she said she would feel the same and she doesnt even have health anxeity!

Thoughts please - I am so low and constantly thinkin about my boob and the horrible scan experience.

L.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

zippy
28-05-10, 10:22
Hi if the only way your going to stop worrying is paying for another scan then i would,it will be money well spent if it puts your mind at ease.Not that i think anything is wrong but i know how you feel because i have considered paying for tests before.xx

Mogwog
28-05-10, 10:46
Thanks zippy - I just feel so absolutely desperate its awful, I can' cope with eveything else at the moment let alone this ontop:weep:

Am too scared to take the citalopram too as I dont want to feel worse even though it would only be for a while.xx

LittleMissPanicky
28-05-10, 19:14
hugs xxxxxxxxxx