PDA

View Full Version : advice plz! My little girl

minnie h
29-05-10, 10:33
hi my little girl(daisy) haz had a sickness bug for 3 days.shes only 3! But shes been sleeping pretty much allday and allnite.and its really worrying me.i rang the doctor but i cnt make an appntment coz "its only a stomach bug" im just worried about all the sleeping.she only having tiny sips ov water but wont touch anythin.the being vomiting stopd yesterday nite but shes stil so so sleepy.any advice or comfort. Its her bday on monday so really dnt want her 2 be feeling like this then. hope every1s ok 2day!

Tinkrebel
29-05-10, 10:48
Hi, I know with young kids it can be very worrying, but she's probably sleeping alot because of no energy from not having any food, drinking water is much more important than food, but it may be a good idea to offer her things like banana, toast, chicken and rice to give her energy.

minnie h
29-05-10, 11:19
thanks for the reply.shes just had a few grapes and abit ov scrambled egg.how iz she going 2 get her energy bak if she duznt eat anythin tho.wot if it just goes on like this for ages. I thought sickness bugs only lasted 24hrs. Sorry just worried she just looks so draind n shes only little. Thanks again tho x

stacy1912
29-05-10, 11:25
don't worry i am sure she will be fine. My two children have both had in the past stomach bugs that lasted for days. Sometimes it takes a while and they are always soooo tired and pale afterwards. Just keep her drinking, i used flat pop as it has sugar to give them a boost. My GP told me that tip ages ago! not fizzy though as rough on their tummys. Hope she turns a corner soon x x