PDA

View Full Version : Moments of Doubt

Self Doubt
29-05-10, 12:23
It's been hard living with intrusive thoughts, but I have found a lot of support here on this forum. On good days I can deal with my intrusive thoughts well and they hardly bother me. On bad days they start out alright but I dwell on them and they escalate to the point where I think their real or going to happen. Today was a bad day and I don't understand how yesterday I was feeling so happy about my self and life and now all of a sudden I can't stop thinking and worrying about my thoughts. During these moments of self doubt the intrusive thoughts seem so real and no matter what I tell myself I can't shake them.

stacy1912
29-05-10, 12:40
our minds are our worst enemy! I can like you have really good days when I don't dwell on my thoughts then other days i give them far too much attention. The problem is our minds are always risk assessing and questioning everything, the key is to let them wash over us and not give them any power. Negative thoughts snow ball in our minds. Rest assured you will have better times ahead when the thoughts you have do not impact so much on your day! The sad truth is our thoughts are one of the only things in life we can control and when we struggle with them all aspects of our life are harmed. I hope you get some peace from them and have a better time ahead.Rest assured you are not alone. Take care