PDA

View Full Version : A new fear each time?

phil06
29-05-10, 13:13
Having suffered anxiety symptoms for a few years I feel lately as each symptom comes back, it can last longer or create a new fear or maybe due to my circumstances it affects me in a way It feels like a new symptom but it's still textbook anxiety?

Like I've been getting racing mind thoughts again but it feels different to last time. :shrug:

KK77
29-05-10, 18:19
Not sure what you mean Phil. Do you mean that your anxiety is getting worse? GAD can manifest itself according to our circumstances and state of mind creating new symptoms and along with the old. One fuels the other.

Have a chat with your doctor if you feel your anxiety is getting worse Phil.

phil06
29-05-10, 18:48
I just mean when I've not had the symptom in a while it can make it feel like a new one or a new phase.

I had a low period a few weeks ago, things are picking up and just trying to find my feet again..still getting bits of anxiety.

It always feels worse in the years I've had anxiety. Each new panic whatever it's about scares me more each time.

KK77
30-05-10, 01:16
Well I suppose that over time it wears us down more and more, so I can understand you there. But unless we break the cycle it's business as usual for our anxiety. We have to keep moving forward.

If you've just got over a blip then you're likely to still feel a bit sensitive and bruised. You have a tendency to be hard on yourself Phil. Appreciate the small achievements and as I've said before, you will gradually move onto bigger and better things.

joannap
30-05-10, 10:32
i know exactly what you mean - my fears change from day to day/week to week and it can take me a while to realise its anxiety playing its tricks! xx