PDA

View Full Version : Could It Be Cancer?

Ruby94
29-05-10, 13:56
So far, ive done quite alot.

Ive got myself into college for septemember. Ive started to get councilling, and my doctor is soon going to start my medicine weening plan.

But the last two days, ive felt exremely lathargic/fatigue. So bad that i can't get out of bed, and im sick of people saying its anxiety, when i know its not anxiety. It makes me anxious but its not my anxiety causing this feeling. I feel as if this is something deadly serious? and no one is doing anything about it, am i slowly.. dying? Could it be cancer? Earlier i was dancing with my boyfriend to my favourite song and i think i must of moved my head too fast and after that i started feeling weak, and ill. Very shakey.

Yesterday after we had a meal i was going to wash up but i could of swore i almost fainted, the room shook and spun and its so scary. Im only seveteen. What could this be? :weep:

I just feel ill ALL the time. Ive just had enough it wont go away i just want to be a normal teenager, i think im going to leave college before i even start. :weep:

Going home
29-05-10, 14:24
Hi Ruby, you might have mentioned this before but have you already had blood tests to see if anything is wrong, like having a low iron count (I have too much iron so ive got the opposite problem!) anaemia can make you feel like this...do you lose alot of blood through your periods for example? Or it might be side effects from any meds you take, sometimes it takes a while to get the dose right.

I know its hard when you feel so ill to keep hearing that its anxiety, but never forget that if you live with alot of tension your body can also be tense all the time and this can take loads of energy from your system. If you live with an abusive or controlling partner you will probably have this tension all day every day, waiting for him to start on you again...yes even when you're dancing with him.

But if you've never had any blood tests done its worth asking for them to rule some things out.

Anna xx

Ruby94
29-05-10, 14:31
Hi Ruby, you might have mentioned this before but have you already had blood tests to see if anything is wrong, like having a low iron count (I have too much iron so ive got the opposite problem!) anaemia can make you feel like this...do you lose alot of blood through your periods for example? Or it might be side effects from any meds you take, sometimes it takes a while to get the dose right.

I know its hard when you feel so ill to keep hearing that its anxiety, but never forget that if you live with alot of tension your body can also be tense all the time and this can take loads of energy from your system. If you live with an abusive or controlling partner you will probably have this tension all day every day, waiting for him to start on you again...yes even when you're dancing with him.

But if you've never had any blood tests done its worth asking for them to rule some things out.

Anna xx

Ive just had enough of this, :weep: I just cant cope with this anymore i dont know what to do or where to turn it just keeps getting worse and it attacks me harder and i have no deffence left im just getting so stressed i really cant do this anymore im fighting and getting no where :weep: I just want to be happy.

Going home
29-05-10, 14:48
Sorry Ruby, I know you feel bad but you didnt answer my question about the blood tests...have you ever had one done?

Ruby94
29-05-10, 15:16
Sorry Ruby, I know you feel bad but you didnt answer my question about the blood tests...have you ever had one done?

Yeah,
everything came back fine,

sometimes my blood pressure is low and my thyroid was close to borderline.

Going home
29-05-10, 15:25
Well low blood pressure can make you feel dizzy and combined with borderline thyroid problems it no wonder you feel so fatigued. The thyroid result obviously wasn't bad enough for the doc to give you meds but it still could be one of the reasons you feel so bad. I know we keep telling you to go back to your doctor and I know you're fed up of it all, but maybe you need to ask for a second opinion, go to another doctor if you can and ask about this..even low grade conditions can cause problems without even a small amount of treatment, yet some doctors dismiss them.

Anna xx

Ruby94
29-05-10, 15:43
just so worried. :/

So much to sort out. Ok i'll go back to the doctor thankyou x

gypsywomen
29-05-10, 15:47
now you must stop thinking you have cancer there are so many things that can cause your symtoms ,lack of sleep ,, not enough iron ,, plus anxiety even thou you dont think so ,, i agree when your 17 and feel bad you do wonder what it can be ,,, as you dont think you should feel that way at 17 but anxiety can affect any age ,,i find when you are studying it is worse for some reason ,,, i would get 2nd oppinion just to double check your thyroid

Ruby94
29-05-10, 16:18
IVE JUST HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!! :weep: :mad:

gypsywomen
29-05-10, 16:27
we all have that suffer like you ,but we cant give up ,we have to get on with life ,, , we all feel very bad at times ,, i was so ill for 3 months when i started 3 years ago ,,didnt get out of bed nothing was real its awful but with time i have learnt to cope you will to believe me you will

anthrokid
31-05-10, 06:30
Ruby,

It would have been picked up in tests already if it was cancer.

I'm 19 and I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome. I'm constantly exhausted, it's even an effort to lift my arms. The more I think about being so extremely tired the worse it is. When I give into the exhaustion it is always worse.

I also have really low blood pressure which is definitely linked to being tired.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but the more you exercise and fight the tiredness, the better it will be. When my doctor told me this I thought he was being a complete and utter moron. I was sleeping at least 12 hours a day, I wasn't eating and I was too tired to even think. I was constantly terrified that I was slowly dying from something like cancer or brain problems. Since I've been doing all the exercises he's recommended though I've been doing really well. I sleep no more than 9 hours a night, otherwise I actually get MORE tired. I do AT LEAST an hour of exercise four times a week. I eat every 2 hours (healthily). I'm even back at work 20 hours a week!

This is also due to the treatment of my anxiety and panic disorder with my psychiatrist as well, but I promise you that fighting the fatigue will feel better than giving in to it.