PDA

View Full Version : Thought I was better... How stupid!

mel1972
29-05-10, 18:30
Well it's been a while since I have posted, have been coping since my mum passed and had the 1 year anniversary recently (18 May) and nothing i managed it.. so thought i was finally coping with it and turning a corner!
I had a job interview last week and it went brilliant then i get a call yesterday saying i havent been successful, since then its like i have taken a complete turnabout i had a bad nights sleep and have felt rubbish all day and the sense of dying of a heart attack is back, and i have a pain in the shoulder (a symptom of a HA)(and of course i am having one)
I cant believe that I managed to get through the anniversary 2 weeks ago fine and something so stupid has knocked me back again. I am soo fed up and really angry with myself about this.
:weep:

chellebell
29-05-10, 19:00
you have no need to feel angry with yourself. You are developing new coping mechanisms right now, you are still learning how to respond to bad days. Its completely normal to have bad spells. Even when you are completely 'well' again, you will have bad days, sometimes bad weeks. I call them slumps.
Take heart in the fact that they will never be as bad as the worst you have already come through. Honestly.
Think back to how you managed your anxiety before this bad patch. Do you have relaxation techniques, or other ways of helping? Start doing them again and dont feel like you have failed, because you certainly havent.