PDA

View Full Version : RASH on arm and chest......

ragdoll
29-05-10, 19:09
Hi, this might be an absolutely absurd question but i basically have just noticed a bright red rash, that looks like lots of little red dots as though i've drawn them on with a felt tip pen. they do not fade at all with the glass test and the rash is identical on my right arm on the inside of my elbow (where blood is taken from) and on the left side of my chest. looks a bit suspiciously like a meningitis rash, or so i think in my anxious state! so i was just wondering if there could be any other reasonable explanation for this rash?
i've been on citalopram for 22 days so surely that can't be the cause as it would have appeared sooner? and i haven't started using any new types of shower gel or moisturizer... actually i haven't used moisturizer for a while!!

anyway, hoping someone has an explanation!

i'm just going to see what happens i think as i don't have a fever or feel any different to yesterday or any other recent day, so maybe that's best? as i don't really want to waste my time or a&e's time unless totally necessary

Thanks any help very much appreciated!:)

crazyhayz
29-05-10, 19:50
Prob a reaction to the meds, or heat rash!! phone NHS direct, and see what they think. But if it was meningitis, u would blimmin' well know about it trust me lol.

Good luck x