PDA

View Full Version : another newbie from Kent

Purple Orchid
29-05-10, 20:50
Hi everyone, 28 years ago i suffered from agrophobia, panic disorder and depression, at the time my daughter was just 18 months old and my son 3 months old...my condition was so severe I had trouble moving from one room to the other let alone to leave my home...my husband had to put the children into my bed before he left for work as i did not know how many hours it would take for me to be able to leave the bedroom, I was desperate, frightened, scared to eat for fear of being ill, scared to sleep for fear of not waking up again and scared to tell anyone for fear of being locked away in an institution and never being allowed to see my children again...my mum in law took me to the doctor as she was convinced I had anorexia....I was diagnosed with all of the above, prescribed medication and so began my road to recovery but recover I did, I went on to have a successful managerial career, have run my own business and have retrained over the last few years as a florist, a life I never thought would be mine... i hope i can give some positive support to those people who are where i was all those years ago and share some of the things I did to help with my recovery......:)

diane07
29-05-10, 20:53
Hi Purple Orchid

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Raindog
29-05-10, 20:53
Hi Orchid,
It's always good to hear from someone who's found their way back out of the darkness, it gives others hopes and there are a few people that I know of that are going through the worst of it right now.

Every bit helps, so welcome to NMP.

Purple Orchid
29-05-10, 21:03
Thank you

I hope anything I can contrinute will help someone,,,